Notification Light
Dmandi0303
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how to turn the email notification light OFF? I saw it one time and cannot get back to it, nor find my manual. My personal email is linked to the phone, and it CONSTANTLY leaves the notification light blinking all day long as I get emails. If I do not keep checking and clearing this light, it will drain my battery juice before I am even off work at 5. I would LOVE to link my work email to my phone as well, BUT i do not want it to send me email notifications all night long too, when I am sleeping and the other side of the world is emailing me. Help? Droid RazR.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Notification Light
bearone21
Legend

i doubt if the blinking reminder light is pulling the battery down, more like apps updating.

sorry but it's the price you pay when you select a fetching schedule to pull in email.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Go into email, settings & turn off notification.

bearone21
Legend

then how will you know when you have email?

0 Likes
Dmandi0303
Enthusiast - Level 1

Perfect. thnaks. I had a silly moment, i was looking in settings on my phone and not in my email. THANKS

0 Likes
Dmandi0303
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will just check a few times a day. I get a hundred email a day for work, and like 20-30 a day personal. So i will always check but when this notification bar is up, and blinking light, it bogs down the battery seriously. I use a kill apps widget to kill all open/active apps so it it not that. There is a difference on my phone battery lasting longer on days i dont have as many emails and a constant blinking light. Thanks.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

your app killer, that you forgot to mention & other apps that keep updating are what's pulling the batt down, not the notification light

0 Likes