Nougat update 25.11.10EN US bricked my Droid Turbo 2
DRAGONSMAGIC

Ok to start off this is not only what happened but the solution to my problem.

After my update was available I plugged in my Turbo @ to power source with WiFi and left the phone to update.  I returned with my phone Locked in recovery mode.  any attempt to boot up just caused a cycle of boot up attempts ending in recovery mode. For the next Day I tried everything except a factory reset as I had a tremendous amount of data on my phone that was very important. Nothing worked. I left the phone to charge overnight and then fixed my phone out of chance.

I was to the point of performing a factory reset and removed the micro SD card from the phones slide out tray as I was going to salvage what data I could off the card.  When I slid the tray back into the phone, the phone rebooted and was perfectly normal.

I reinserted the micro SD turned the phone off then back on and again it was bricked.  Again removed the micro SD card and it again rebooted itself and was without error once again.

I am unaware as yet what is with the old memory card but I put a fresh card into my phone and it has worked without any issues.

I wanted to get this posted as soon as possible to see if it could help anyone else with the same problem I was having.

Best of luck!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Nougat update 25.11.10EN US bricked my Droid Turbo 2
DRAGONSMAGIC

Latest update, the phone did freeze up and start re-booting again and returned again to returned to recovery mode.  Removing the Brand new micro SD card allowed a functional reboot back to normal functionality.  I hope Verizon is taking note of the issues to send out a fix/repair update.  

0 Likes