ONE text message won't send
condrons

I got the green arrow on a text yesterday that said it was sending, but it never went through.  Subsequent texts to the same number went through fine.  I have tried copying and pasting the text into a new message and sending it again - same result.  I have tried completely retyping the text and resending - same result.  There is nothing weird in the message, just words.  Why would it do this?  I have tried clearing both the cache and the memory with no effect.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: ONE text message won't send
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is pretty strange, condrons. You've definitely been trying hard to get that message to go through. Do you happen to have any messaging applications installed from Google Play? Is the person you're having trouble sending the text to another Verizon Wireless customer? If you're using anything other than the pre-installed text app, try sending through the original text app. Also, try to turn off any signature or callback number (Text Messaging>Menu>Settings) and try the message again.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
condrons

Thank you for responding.  I have only ever used the pre-installed text app, and do not have any other installed.  The receiver is a VW customer.  I never used a signature but did try turning off the callback number but it made no difference.  Still gets stuck sending.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're very welcome, condrons! I have to admit that this is a strange occurence. We want to make sure the message gets sent to the recipient.
We will start with the basics.
Can you make sure the number is in there correctly?
You have already cleared the cache and checked the memory. Make sure you delete old messaging threads.
Tell me if the message goes when it is in Safe Mode
http://vz.to/1fA9pZf

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
yankeesxd

can you please direct message me? thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Yankeesxd
I sent you a follow request. Please accept and I will follow back. We can then communicate via  a direct message.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes