On the home screen the Messaging icon says I have unviewed messages but when I go into Messaging, there are no unviewed messages. Any ideas?
Bearcat86
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the home screen the Messaging icon says I have unviewed messages but when I go into Messaging, there are no unviewed messages.  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
Re: On the home screen the Messaging icon says I have unviewed messages but when I go into Messaging, there are no unviewed messages. Any ideas?
B33
Legend

Sometimes there can be phantom Icons that pop up kind of like Voice Mail they'll stay on the screen till you power cycle the phone or you have to clear the cache for your messages you might even a try running a system cache clear..

0 Likes
Re: On the home screen the Messaging icon says I have unviewed messages but when I go into Messaging, there are no unviewed messages. Any ideas?
BudLt876
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and I can't get rid of it... 

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: On the home screen the Messaging icon says I have unviewed messages but when I go into Messaging, there are no unviewed messages.  Any ideas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get the right notifications, BudLt876. Are you using the default Messaging app or have you downloaded a 3rd party app for messaging? Are you also using a Droid Razr on your line?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
BudLt876
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using my Droid RAZR M phone, and the messaging app that comes installed on it. Under app info it says version 4.4.2-15. I haven't downloaded any other messaging apps.

I have also deleted ALL of my text messages from anyone & rechecked my voicemail. I still have "1 unread msg" and it is driving me crazy! LOL

Thanks for your time!

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: On the home screen the Messaging icon says I have unviewed messages but when I go into Messaging, there are no unviewed messages.  Any ideas?
Snn5
Legend

If you use a PC and Phone syncing software, like Mighty Text, you can have interacted with the message on the PC, and the notification light might have already stopped blinking because the notification had been acknowledged.  The icon would still have a number of missed notifications.  This doesn't apply to the non-existent models after the Razr series or some other phones, but it is a possibility.  IDK if this is an app you might use, but it may be of use to other users searching for a similar question headline.

0 Likes
BudLt876
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't use a PC & phone syncing software...

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I do seem to remember having that issue a few times with my Razr Maxx XT912.  I believe through cache clears and other "phone-optimizing" apps I either overcame that problem or forgot about it until I switched to a new phone.  basically, it was something that went away with time and other interactions with different apps, but that doesn't help I know.

0 Likes