Only one input method accepted???
zmartyz

Just upgraded from Droid X to a Razr Maxx; my preferred input method is Graffiti Pro (the old Palm input method).  A long press on an input field gave me a choice of the Android keyboard, Swype, or Graffiti (a downloaded app).  The Maxx won't allow multiple methods; pressing the field just selects text for editing.  Can't access Graffiti.  Not only that, the developer is inaccessible, Verizon is useless, and Google inaccessible as well.  Anybody?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Only one input method accepted???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The input method moved to the notification bar in Android 4.0 and higher. Pull down the notification window to select the "choose input method".

I find I prefer this over the long press in the previous version as it was sometimes difficult to long press in some text boxes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
zmartyz

Thanks, Ann.  I feel a bit silly, but where can you get this kind of info other than these forums?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should be a topic in the full online device manual. I think.  It would definitely be listed in the Android OS manual.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes