Phone Hotspot Help
MICOLS69
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I use my phone's hotspot (Turbo 2) to play my game (World of Tanks Blitz) the game will not load. I can search the internet and play other games. But not Blitz. When I use my work phone (Galaxy S5 also  Verizon) Blitz loads up fine. What gives?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone Hotspot Help
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What device are you using to play the game on?  Are you sure it's connecting to the phone's hotspot?

MICOLS69
Enthusiast - Level 2

iPad Pro. Yes it connects because I can search the internet, load other apps and games. It just will not load Blitz.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, interesting dilemma - the same device (iPad Pro) connects to a Galaxy S5 hotspot and BLitz works fine.  Same device connected to a Turbo 2 hotspot will not load or play the same game.

Are you trying the two hotspots in the same location?  How strong is your 4G signal on each phone?

MICOLS69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same locations full signal. I tried with my Turbo 2 first as it's my personal phone. When it didn't work I used my S5 which is my company phone. I've got plenty of open unused data on my personal phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, Thanks for the great suggestions!

MICOLS69,
I’m sorry to read that your game will not load for you. Let’s make sure we get this figured out asap. When was the last time you were able to load the game with it hooked to the hotspot? Is the game fully updated in the Google Play store? Can you please explain what exactly happens when you open up the game? (For example, do you receive an error message? Does it come up a blank screen?)

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICOLS69
Enthusiast - Level 2

As to how long ago...I don't know.

As to the game... it just stays on "connecting"

I contacted VZW support about 2 months ago. The tech couldn't figure it out and bumped me up to Tier 2 or something like that. The tier 2 tech couldn't fix it and said he would open an investigation into it and I would be contacted in no less than two weeks. That was 2 months ago. Thought I'd give the forums a try.

0 Likes