Re: Phone keeps dropping calls
SLY1859
Enthusiast - Level 2

Started a few week to a month ago, I have the Droid Razr M, my zip code is

01801 and it happens everywhere. I can't manage a call anymore.

My phone is also constantly going to backup, no matter what I'm doing the

screen keeps switching to backup. This is really getting bad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming SLY1859. The coverage looks strong in that zip. What type of locations are these, when you refer to everywhere? Inside your home, work or school? Have you tested the device outside your home zip? How about other users in your zip with different model devices?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

SLY1859
Enthusiast - Level 2

Inside my home, outside my home, in my car, Belmont, Waltham.

I deleted almost every app I have loaded, may be better but I don't make

that many calls anymore.

What is annoying is that the backup keeps booting be off my web searches,

words with friends, Facebook... It seems to be taking over my phone. How do

I shut that off

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Power Cycle your phone see if that fixes the issue Press power + Lower Volume down for 25sec. then re-lease.. you may want to shut the phone down pull the Sim for 10 then re-install it but if you do that do it with extreme caution in handling the Sim try and not to touch the Gold are of it..

0 Likes
SLY1859
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you I'll try that, I appreciate your help

B33
Legend

Your Welcome!!! b

0 Likes
SLY1859
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the phone calls work better. I have managed to have a 5 minute call which is much better than before.

The contact backup is a still a pain.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Hilfiger714

I have this same problem been on the phone many of times and have tried all these trouble shooting techniques. None work. I have a droid razor maxx hd 3rd phone in 3 weeks. Please help me or I'm going to AT&T ASAP!!!! Was on the phone with verizon today! So tired of spend a hour on the phone!

0 Likes
Timms

Same problem with my Droid Razr Maxx in zips 77059, 77058, and 77573.  I had great signal and data connectivity (4G) inside and outside office/home/car etc.  Since last November timeframe nothing but weak signals almost everywhere.  Can't get 4G anywhere around my office building (inside or out) and can barely get 3G most everywhere else.  I have had to set the phone to CMDA auto (PRL) just to keep it from constantly searching for a 4G signal and wasting my battery down to nothing in less that half a day.     And, YES, I have done all of the trouble shooting listed above (clear cache, power cycle phone, reset sim for towers, etc., etc. etc., blah blah blah).  Days spent talking with Verizon CS results in "We don't know...maybe its your phone or you are in a "weak" area."  without any acknowledgement that things changed from good to bad around the beginning of last November which I believe corresponds to an update my phone received.

Good news is I just updated my work phone to a Galaxy 4 on AT&T and it gets a perfect, 5 bar, 4G signal both at my office and at home.  Since my contract with Verizon is up, and they don't seem to care to fix the problem or admit to any issues on their end,  I think its time to switch carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Timms

Thank you for all the troubleshooting you've done!  We appreciate it and want to get this addressed. Please accept my follow request and follow me back. Then send me a private message. I'd like to review your account.

Sincerely,
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport