Phone reboot issues- periodically on its own and can not maintain Bluetooth and/or WiFi connection.
Philipc714

Have Droid Maxx. All system software up to date. VZ Protect says its clean, no virus. Phone will may reboot periodically, will loose Bluetooth and/or WiFi connections. Can not reestablish by on-off switch in Wireless and network settings unless do manual reboot.  Started about 2 weeks ago. Last thing I want to do is factory reset eventhough phone is backed up. Any fix for this, what seems to be a very common problem. Any help appreciated. 
Like the phone very much but, this has become a REAL problem.  Thinking about switching back to Droid Mini- never had any problem like this.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone reboot issues- periodically on its own and can not maintain Bluetooth and/or WiFi connection.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would start by disabling the Verizon Protect / Security app. Then I would go in and delete it's cache and data and restart your device and see if that helps.

0 Likes
Re: Phone reboot issues- periodically on its own and can not maintain Bluetooth and/or WiFi connection.
Philipc714

I've done as you suggested.  Only 1 errant reboot but WiFi and Bluetooth issues reoccured.   
This seems to be a somewhat common issue.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
BillyTheRatKing

I've been having the exact same issue. It rebbot out of the blue and then won't let me enable WiFi/Bluetooth. I have always had that Verizon app disabled. I have even done a factory reset and yet the problem continues... if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you've had your phone less than 12 months I would take it into the store and utilize the manufacturer warrant.

0 Likes
Rhondroid

I've had my phone for over a year and it just started doing this.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If the factory reset didn't help that is a bit concerning. If you did it and turned off app data back up and restore, that's even more concerning. If you haven't done one that's what I'd try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This would have me just as concerned, Rhondroid. Let's make sure we review all options to get your phone working.

For everyone experiencing these issues, MiiHere recommended a great tip in not re-installing apps or auto settings during the set up of the phone. In essence, just running the phone stock to see if these comeback.

One other tip I recommend after the hard reset, is to wipe the cache partition too:

Most devices have this as an option. Please use this link to reach the Boot/Recovery screen:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-103915/

Do not factory reset again, but instead search for an option to Wipe Cache Partition. Once cleared, just choose Reboot.

If not available, please select Reboot now to restart your phone.

Please keep us all updated. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BillyTheRatKing

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue at this point, but being out of warranty it'll cost ~$150 to fix. Since it's only affecting Wifi and Bluetooth I can hopefully holdout for an upgrade.

0 Likes
Philipc714

I've just wiped the cache partition, i'll let you know if it does the trick.

0 Likes