Phone's Data and Wifi White
DustinCupit

so usually on my phone. my WiFi and/or data is blue. (Which what I heard means connected to Google) and well one day it just turned white and hasn't worked at all. I can surf the web but I cannot go on Google play store or sign in to my Google account. I tried everything from clearing cache and data of the play store and framework to setting time. I even reset my phone. But nothing is helping. Do I just need to get a new phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone's Data and Wifi White
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DustinCupit,

Sorry to hear you cannot connect to the play store. As you can load webpages it sounds like an issue specific to google. When you say that you reset the phone do you mean a hard reset or just powercycling the device? If you have not already hard reset then I would first try removing and re-adding the Gmail account from your device. Reset the Playstore app again and retest. If the problem persists then try the Hard reset: http://vz.to/1tXFZcl .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DustinCupit,

Sorry to hear you cannot connect to the play store. As you can load webpages it sounds like an issue specific to google. When you say that you reset the phone do you mean a hard reset or just powercycling the device? If you have not already hard reset then I would first try removing and re-adding the Gmail account from your device. Reset the Playstore app again and retest. If the problem persists then try the Hard reset: http://vz.to/1tXFZcl .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Malchore

Hi. Can I get clarification on the "Google playstore reset" process? Does that mean go into the active processes and stop/start those google services?

Last night I upgraded my RAZR HD phone to KitKat 4.4.2 and have the same problem as the original poster. I just removed my google account, and powered down my phone. When I power up, I will attempt to start/stop the google Playstore services (assuming there is such a service) and attempt to create my google account again. But if that doesn't work, not sure where to turn next.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

White icons on the Droid RAZR HD running KitKat 4.4.2 would be normal as the white icons is a design standard for KitKat.

However not being able to connect to the Internet and Google services is another issue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Malchore

UDPATE: Okay, I removed and then added my Google account. It's taking a long while, but I can access the Play Store again. Seems there is a lot of app syncing that needs to take place. I make heavy use of the Calendar, Gmail, and Music google services so they just need time to sync up again, I suppose.

I'll just have to be patient and let it work itself out.

I'll need to reconfigure a lot of stuff. (Like, the colors of my notification lamp, some widgets are no longer required.)

0 Likes