Phone shuts down automatically and takes 8-12 mins to restore
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I havent even done the update and my phone is acting all crazy shuts down, wont reboot, wont go to safe mode, turns off auto rotate and Ive already been to Verizon store once. My phone isnt a yr old. I use my alarms which dont work when it shuts down 5 times a day. HELP!! Will verizon replace this phone for a new one OR im stuck with a crappy phone due to verizons policies??!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone shuts down automatically and takes 8-12 mins to restore
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What phone do you have?

If you've had it less than a year I'm sure it's still under the 1 year manufactures warranty. It can be replaced with a refurbished device so long as it's in good condition; no major dents, cracks in the screen or water damage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What phone do you have?

If you've had it less than a year I'm sure it's still under the 1 year manufactures warranty. It can be replaced with a refurbished device so long as it's in good condition; no major dents, cracks in the screen or water damage.

0 Likes
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the droid turbo but I shldnt deserve a refurbished phone since I pay the expensive insurance and its a Verizon Issue;)  They tell me at the store no issues!!!

0 Likes
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

And phone is like new no cracks dents etc.....

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Oh, well you can go through your insurance then. Just remember you'll still get a certified pre owned phone and have to pay your deductible; somewhere between $99-$149 would be my guess.

0 Likes
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even under 1yr with the $10 ins plan.... I guess Im paying more for nothing. Figures lol

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could have not gotten insurance, put the money for the premium into a savings account and might have had enough now to purchase a new phone at the full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a savings account, Thanks;)

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That's why I don't pay for insurance. It's just not worth it for me. If something were to happen to my device, I'd just buy a used one until I could upgrade. You can get a decent used phone for around $200 and then resell it for nearly the same price depending on how long you use it and the condition.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

If you are having these problems why don't you just let it update to Lollipop?  It might fix the problems.