Phone will not turn on
MJG91

My phone has been acting fine until today, I've had it for almost a year. Then around 6pm it started to turn itself on and off repeatedly until eventually it just does not turn on. It hasn't gotten wet, hasn't been in overly hot or cold conditions, and pressing down the power key and volume down does not work. I've tried it over and over again for the past hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have to work tomorrow while all the verizon stores in town are open, and I am a delivery driver so I really need my phone when I am away from the store to call customers if need be, and for emergencies. Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone will not turn on
MJG91

It had 20% battery life when it turned off, so the battery wasn't completely dead. And it's not charging. Tried four different chargers.

0 Likes
Re: Phone will not turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there MJG91. I am sorry to hear that your phone won't turn back on. I know with you being a delivery driver, you need to stay connected at all times. Lets go ahead and bring your device back to life. I do apologize for the delayed response and I appreciate your patience.

Were you able to get your phone turned back on?

If the phone was charged, the way to get it back on would be through a soft reset. To do that you would want to press and hold down the power key and volume key on the same time for about 10 seconds. It sounds like you have already tried this and I am sorry if it has not worked.

If you have tried multiple chargers to try to bring it on and it is still off, we would have to look into replacement options. If you are still under warranty we can replace the phone at no cost to you as long as there is no physical or water damage done to the device.

If your outside of warranty, but you have insurance on the device, you can place a claim at www.phoneclaim.com.

If you are outside of the warranty and do not have insurance then we can either activate an older device for you or else you can look into our Certified Pre Owned Program by visiting http://vz.to/rcDvLW.

If you have an upgrade available you can than upgrade to a brand new device. Let us know if you need additional assistance.

NickB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes