Poor customer service for a flawed device
Mk1524

Worst phone ever.  On my second replacement soon to be third.   The latest issue is one I have read here.   People cannot hear me but I can hear them.  If I push the mute button twice it works for a while.  Too many other problems to mention.  Obviously this device is a Lemon.   Verizon used to have great support, now all they will do is replace one bad phone with the same bad phone.   Really frustrated I expect more from Verizon than the party line.  If the device is flawed then fix it or offer an alternative.  Terribly customer service.   Forcing me to look at other option or just buy a new phone and still keep paying for the two month old brick.   They are getting as bad as Sprint.   Sorry to say.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Poor customer service for a flawed device
mama23dogs
Legend

Now you know why they are giving this phone out when people upgrade early. 

MY son had 2 Droid phones in a row.  Never again. 

THe entire Droid line is on my naughty list.

Unfortunately, you have come to the right conclusion.   Either keep replacing the phone every 80 days or so, or buy a replacement on your own. 

I No longer finance phones.  I buy off eBay with a $200 budget in mind.   So far I've done well with 3 phones in the past 9 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having great working phones is crucial, Mk1524. We always want you to have great customer service and great working devices. With any known issues on a device, we do forward that back to the manufcature to make sure it is corrected. Let's check into the phone to see what's going on. Does the phone have the most up to date software in it? Settings > System Updates. Has there been any damage to the device? How long have you had this trouble? Did you notice it after any new apps or updates?
DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mk1524

Dis all the trouble shooting on both devices,  may need to switch to ATT to avoid being charged double for a phone

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Switching is always an option, if it really solves all your problems without creating new ones.

IN order not to have a black mark on your credit, you would have to pay off Verizon (ETFs or Edge agreement)

ATT only offers $300 max for switching, which doesn't buy you a new phone and may not payoff Verizon.

IF you have multiple lines, you might have to buy all new phones, if you stay, you only replace the one phone.

SWitching carriers is like renting an apartment - 2 months upfront.   All cellular carriers bill a month ahead, so the first bill is always a partial month, activation fees and the month ahead, effectively doubling the first bill.

~~~~~~~~

What worked for me:  I added 2 lines to my plan after switching and bought mint condition phones from EBay for about $200.  My son broke his iPhone, which I also replaced with eBay phone for about $200.   All 3 phones have been working great for close to 9 months (6 for the iPhone).   This keeps my bill low with $15 line fees.

THere are also plenty of brand new phones, at lower prices, that are well worth looking at.  The new Moto Style Pure edition is about $500   (this phone would work on Verizon or ATT)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left us, Mk1524. We want you to be happy with your phones. We cover the phones under a warranty to help avoid frustrations to make sure you have a working phone at all times. We've got your phones covered and would like to assist further. What troubleshooting have you completed so far? We wouldn't want you to go through the same steps twice.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mk1524

just received my third replacement phone.  First phone call I got same problem.  This totally sucks!

Any other business does not hide behind the manufacturers warranty BS, they stand up and make things right.  I guess good business practices do not apply to the cell phone world.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Mk1524

So if you bought a TV set from Walmart, Best Buy or whatever, and it was faulty, you would expect Walmart or Best buy to keep giving you a new one?

No.

After the normal return period passes, you would have to deal directly with the TV manufacturer, because that is who is actuall carries the warranty on the product.

I will grant this is slightly different, but Verizon didn't make the phone, they only sell it.

0 Likes
Disgruntled728

I am experiencing the very same problem. This is my replacement phone for the Droid and it is messing up again like the original one. I went through a factory reset with Tier II Tech Support and now I can't text (IT LAGS LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE) and now it won't even make calls! I pay my bill on time and in the last 12 days I have had 10 answers from 10 different people. Why would you want to replace the phone with the same phone that has messed up TWO PRIOR TIMES?!?!?!?!?! THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY (dong something over and over and expecting a different outcome). So why keep sending me the same phone that is not worth the box it comes in? Sad fact is....Verizon used to have wonderful customer service and did what they needed to do to keep their customers. It seems now that it is not a priority to keep people. So when people ask me if Verizon is a good company...based on my last experiences with this phone...I would tell them not to join.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Disgruntled728

Verizon handles the exchange for the manufacturer and can only provide the same device (per the warranty agreement you signed). 

I agree with 2 things, 1 - the phone is junk, 2 - continuing to send it in for a warranty replacement is insanity.

THe only way out is to replace the phone on your own and don't ever buy a carrier exclusive, lousy phone.

I Have a 6 month rule.  After 6 months if the phone is any good, it will still be selling well and have good reviews and no bugs or problems will surface if I look at reviews.

IN the Droid line, not one has an entirely good review in 6 months.

0 Likes