Poor reception after move
john51
Contributor - Level 1

I moved from Utah to Charlotte and where I am the reception is bad. I have 2 Razr Maxx's a personal and a work phone. Both have 2 bars in my apartment. In the parking lot it is the same thing. Verizon said they had someone test with the same phone and its fine. Has anyone else had similar issues? They sold me a network extender which I will try and return of it doesn't work and I don't think it will. I even reset my personal one and nada. I bought a cheap flip phone off EBay to use and will sell my personal Maxx and use company phone for data. I keep getting dropped calls. Its bad. If anyone has suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Poor reception after move
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you already tried turning off the phones and removing the SIM card for a few minutes, reassemble, and boot up the phone?  This will force the phone to reestablish the phone's connection to the network including update the PRL for your new location.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Poor reception after move
john51
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I did, I even replaced the sim card on my personal phone and it has not helped. Most of the time it is 3G at best. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi johnmccoy51,

Thank you for your inquiry today regarding your wireless service. I absolutely understand how important it is to make sure you're covered 100% no matter what. When it comes to indoor service in certain locations this could cause issues. As it relates to device functionality, all devices do have different service levels which could explain why one device works better than the other. I'm glad to hear that a Network Extender was offered to help improve your service. Once this option is utilized please keep us posted of the status of service in your area, thanks!

Matthew_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

Kathy, my biggest issue is having to pay $150 for it after personally paying a large monthly phone bill and having a business line also not to mention the cost of both phones. I am getting a flip phone for my personal account and plan to remove data from my personal account to offset the cost of this. I will not renew my contract at this point nor am I purchasing the phone from Verizon. I bought it off EBay. Verizon has looked at the reception and seen how poor it is and I have told them I can't maintain without it dropping. Because it is out f warranty they cannot send me replacement phone.

This has gone on for a week and I am very disappointed in Verizon with this. I am interested to see how the network extender fixes this. I am not a happy customer right now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

johnmccoy51- I completely understand the need of reliable coverage. Indoor coverage is not guaranteed as there are many factors that can impact the service. A Network Extender can enhance this coverage for more reliable service while you are in your apartment. We can certainly discount it to the $150 as promised. Additionally, you may try it to see for yourself how it will work for you. If you are not happy with it, you may return it within 14 days. We certainly do not want you to be dissapointed and hope to restore your confidence in Verizon Wireless. Follow and send me a private message with your name and mobile number and we can assist with your order.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

I got the extender and so far it has fixed the problem. After a move of over 2000 miles that price hurt. What Verizon should look at doing is renting it like a cable modem so at some point if say I got a new phone and it worked better then I would be done. I had a ticket with Verizon and they sent someone out to my building and said they used the same phone outside and it was fine. I have poor recepion outside as well so a new phone may work wonders and I was hoping to do that in a month or two.

Oh well at least both phones work now which is good. I was on a call last night for over an hour and was never dropped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that it has been fixed johnmccoy51! We certainly appreciate your suggestion surrounding renting the Extender. I will pass that on to leadership. Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW

0 Likes