Poor reception in philadelphia
zaii25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just upgraded to a droid maxx a few days ago. Connection doesn't seem to be as good as with my old bionic. I now have 1-2 bars consistently where as I used to have 4-5 bars on my bionic. Tried removing sim card, set network to lte. Question : Should I get my phone replaced as I am still within my 14 days?

Or is there something else I can try?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Poor reception in philadelphia
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Saturday zaii25,

Congrats on getting the new Droid Maxx! This is a smartphone that's SURE to impress. To ensure that you are getting the most out of your device, it will be my pleasure to partner with you and address your signal concerns. May I ak what wireless service are you not able to use? While the signal bars may vary from device to device, we want to confirm that you are able to make & receive calls as well as browse the web on demand. Also, do you have a case on the device? If so then try using the phone without the case to see if the signal improves. If the issue persist then please advise as we may have to do some more advanced troubleshooting.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zaii25
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm able to make/receive calls, 90% of the time have 4g service the other 10% ranges from having 3G to no data at all.

My signal strength averages about -118db. I've tried pulling out the sim card, set my service to lte (was on global).

My download speed never breaks 3mb. 

No case.

Customer service sent me another sim card to try, I should get that Thursday. Hopefully that will do the trick..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, zaii25. It sounds like you've done some great troubleshooting on your own. I just regret that the steps taken so far haven't gotten you the service you deserve. We'll hold out for the replacement SIM as well. If you get it and find the performance of your Maxx isn't where it needs to be, please return to us. Thanks and good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
zaii25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, the new sim did not improve my reception.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for reporting your findings to us, zaii25.
We understand different types of phones can display different signal data. Is the connection consistent in multiple areas? Typically, at least 2 bars should be good, but I am more interested in the Settings>About Phone>Status>Network type and strength.
From there you should see 1x=??? 4G=???

At this point it would be up to you if you choose to exchange it at this point to see if you get better connection with a different device.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes