Since the Kitkat upgrade on my Droid RAZR MAXX HD, I have the following issues:
- Battery life is very poor. I used to be able to go 2 days without needing a charge. Now I need to charge every day as my phone drops to 30% by the end of the day.
- Phone reboots itself about every few hours... When I am traveling in global roaming mode it is like every hour
- Phone seems to forget it is logged in to Google and keeps asking me for my password but doesn't accept it despite numerous resets. I gave up on this.
- When you click on the side button to turn on the screen, the phone seems to forget it needs to wake up... and instead will decide to sleep for a while and then in a few minutes wakes up.
- When you click on the side button to shut off the screen, often times the phone goes in to "coma mode".. the lights blink when a new message comes in but the you can't turn the screen back on to access the phone's functions. .
- Phone seems to forget it has a sim card in it. You get that sim card icon in the top of the screen but no signal bars or incoming calls or data. You have to power off the phone, pull out and then reinsert the sim card, and then power up the phone again. Just powering off and then powering up the phone doesn't do it.
Feel free to add to the list of KitKat woes.... does anyone know when the patch will be rolled out? I already had the sim card replaced once, but no change with the new card.
Thank you for reaching out to us, VX. Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Razr Maxx. Regarding your phone, have you tried wiping the cache partition? This can help out immensely. http://vz.to/1lvXGJK Just follow these steps, but instead of choosing Factory Reset, choose to Wipe the Cache Partition instead. This will not delete your personal data.
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport
I am trying to do clear the cache, but the instructions for the razr maxx hd do not work. you can not get to the clear cache option while the phone is on, and when the phone is off, no menu pops up when you follow the instructions. So how do you reset the cache???/ This is frustrating, my phone lasts about 4 hours then needs a charge. the day before the update I was getting 2 full days of use, phone, text, internet....Now I can barely get a few texts before I need to plug it in.
These Motorola directions were better than what was on the VZW site. Still has reboot issues and goes into coma mode. Battery drain seems less. When is the patch coming out? This is 2 months of having a semi-functional phone with no way to roll back to the older OS version. I loved my phone with Ice Cream Sandwich.... Kit Kat is just ruining my user experience with Android and Motorola.
One thing you can Try is to switch from Global to LTE / CDMA if you Traveling in states only.. and on your Battery run your battery all the way till almost shuts off then when you charge it charge the phone in a off state not on.. Give it a good 3 to 6 hours on a charge.. and if you think your running any apps at all, tap & hold the double box to the right of your home button see if any apps are running if they are swipe right or left and they will disappear..
One thing you can use to help keep tabs on your phone is to Use a App called System Panel this app can show all apps that are in use, ones that are not, it can show you what CPU's are running and the one's that are not and it will show the CPU Temperature and Battery Level as well.. I've use this app for years Now and would not use a phone with out it
System Panel is Free in the App Store or for a small charge of $2.99 you can get a few more extras and a app with out the Ads..
Hope this helps b33
To update. I have since received a system update for my phone on Sep 16 (not a KitKat update) and also a new sim card. This seems to have resolved the main issues I have had about the phone rebooting. I will be traveling abroad soon, so we'll see if the fixes work for global roaming as well.