Power button not working
highlighter_2017

So the power button on my Droid Razr Maxx was working fine one minute and the next thing I know it isnt working at all I can't even turn my phone off now!! I tried to reset my phone but I can't do that either.. can anybody help?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Power button not working
B33
Legend

Well this my seen a bit wild on the side but if you have a Sweeper with Attachments Try this.. with the Hose and if it have a narrow crevice tool Hook those together turn the sweeper on and take the narrow crevice Tool and Gently I say Gently put it close to the On / Off switch and the Volume control on your Razr as they might have some Debris up N Around them..

Try that see if helps any Let me Know..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Highlighter_2017,

Thanks for posting. I can understand how troubling this could be. Are you still having the issues with the power button? If so, is there any physical damage done to the device? How long has this been an issue? How long have you had the device? Please share more details. We want to resolve this for you ASAP.

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SSaetern

VW Customer Support,

I am having the exact problem as Highlighter_2017. There are minor scratches and dents on my phone but nothing major. I have my phone since January 2012. I started having this issue on August 3, 2013. By the way, I rebooted my phone and did a factory default reset and it still didn't resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

SS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SSaetern,

That's not good! I know how important it is to have a device that works properly. Is the power key physically broken? How long have you had this device? We want to make sure this resolved. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupoort

0 Likes
SSaetern

VW Customer Support,

No the power key is not physically broken. I am able to reboot my phone by holding down the power and volume down buttons. I got my Razr Maxx when it was released in January 2011 but I had problem with the battery so Verizon sent me this one last summer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SSaertern,

We definitely appreciate the explanation. We can most certainly provide the most accurate resolution. Have you purchased an extended warranty/insurance? If not the device will have a one year warranty from the manufacturer. When was device originally purchased? Please share details, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
adurand5648

Hey my power button is also not working, I have the iphone 4s and the button hasn't worked for about 2 weeks now and I still have a little over a year until my upgrade, I have the assistive touch button but i was wondering if I could send it in and get maybe a used one if I'm still under warranty? Thanks in advance for the help. You can reply to this or you can email me at (removed)

Phone number/name removed as required by Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm happy to help. As long as there is no damage and the phone is within the 1 year warranty, it can be exchanged. Is there any damage? Is the button physically stuck or just nothing happening?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
justinmp84

TRY THIS. So my power button stopped working after about 18 months, which is admittedly not the end of the world. BUT when my phone DIED I wasn't able to turn it back on.... so I was certain it was dead FOREVER. Luckily there is a simple fix. So after charging my phone (while off) until fully charged I then took my charger cord and connected my phone to my laptop, it automatically turned on my phone. Obviously the power button still doesn't work which is inconvenient, but the phone isn't lost forever! Hopefully this will help somebody else who was as desperate for answers as I was!!

0 Likes