Problem Hearing Me
Bellibone4u

I just bought a brand new Razr Maxx and everything seems to be working ok except if I call somebody (or if they call me) they can't hear me on the phone.  I can use voice activation and all sounds/notifications and music plays fine.  Does anybody know if I have something set wrong or how I can fix this?  I'd prefer not to do a factory reset because my understanding is that I will lose everything in my phone....Any help is appreciated.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem Hearing Me
Beatertruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife has the same problem with hers.  At times, when she calls someone, or someone calls her, she can't hear anything nor can the other person.  She has to power off the phone and turn it back on to resolve it.  Sorry not a lot of help here, but try to power it off to fix it, that's what my wife did.  Seems like we have to power the phone off almost everyday to fix something on these MAXXs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bellibone4u & Beatertruck

Being able to talk to others is one of the most important functions of a cell phone in general!  I will be delighted to provide some options to see if we can get this resolved for both of you.

Powering the phone off and on again is always a great trick, thank you!  I would also suggest powering off the phone and removing/reinserting the sim card.

Does this happen on speakerphone or bluetooth/headset as well?

If you're still experiencing issues ensure there's nothing covering the mic at the bottom of the phone.

Before a hard reset let's try Safe Mode:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=50079

Now, all of your contacts should be saved to either Backup Assistant or Gmail. Your media (pictures and videos) should be saved to your SD Card if you have one, if not, save them to your computer. Your applications can be reinstalled by visiting google.com/play and choosing the My Android Apps tab.

As long as all of your information is backed up a Hard Reset isn't so bad. Try it next:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=49625

Keep us posted on your progress so we can get this fixed!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would Try what MeissaM  Suggested and i will add you can Try ( Clearing of the Cache Partition )--> try this if the Safe Mode Doesn't Work i'll put on here for you to View and Use.. Both of Them..

Safe Mode:

Back to Previous Page

What is safe mode and how do I use it with the DROID RAZR?

Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications.

Enable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
    Power button
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press and momentarily hold the Power button.
  3. When the Motorola Dual Core screen appears, simultaneously press and hold Volume Up / Down keys.
    Safe mode
  4. Continue to hold the Volume Up / Down keys until Safe mode appears in the lower left.
    Safe mode

Disable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press the Power button.

Clearing of the Cache Partition:

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
0 Likes