Problem accessing new SD card
rich19083

I just inserted a 32G SD card into my phone and it will not access the new memory and I still get low memory or messages.  Any ideas on what the problem is?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem accessing new SD card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information today rich19083! We would be delighted to assist! When it comes to the error message that you're receiving, this is meaning the phones internal memory is full. Unfortunately you cannot revert the device to solely run on your SD Card. To correct this issue you'll need to transfer items off of your phone directly to your memory card. Once this is complete, the device will have a greater amount of internal storage space and you'll no longer receive the listed messages. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

From the phones settings, or your device manual I would say to first format the SD Card inside your phone then try it.

Unfortunately I do not own your make of device.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information today rich19083! We would be delighted to assist! When it comes to the error message that you're receiving, this is meaning the phones internal memory is full. Unfortunately you cannot revert the device to solely run on your SD Card. To correct this issue you'll need to transfer items off of your phone directly to your memory card. Once this is complete, the device will have a greater amount of internal storage space and you'll no longer receive the listed messages. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
rich19083

Thanks for the information on that.  Do I transfer the data while on the phone or do I have to connect to a computer.  Sorry I am not to tech savy with this phone.  Actually it is my daughter's and I thought she would be more tech savy.  I will tell her this and we will see if we can transfer the data from memory to SD card on the phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/65b4241771

This link above will tell you how to do it. Follow the instructions exactly!

Good Luck

0 Likes