Problem receiving text messages
wpowel003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can send text messages, but I can't receive them. With the exception of notification texts coming from Verizon. What's weird is that I ported over from Sprint and my old phone still sends and receives. Any Ideas, I would appreciate it!

Labels (2)
Re: Problem receiving text messages
B33
Legend

Sometimes the process can a Few days to fully go through you might give it a few days if you've just had this done.

0 Likes
wpowel003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok Thanks, it's been a couple of days! Like I said the old phone still works for texting which is weird. I have received texts from Verizon just not from other people. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

One other thing you might do is shut down the old phone if it's still on, that was suggested to me some years back and by doing that helped the messages push through.)  and for the above you Welcome.. b

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should turn off the old phone and remove the battery if possible. Then you should call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone (landline if available) and get them if the porting process is complete.

By leaving the old phone on, you most likely delayed the porting process for all the features of your service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes