Problems With Jellybean
lfgd44

Has anyone else experienced problems after the upgrade to Jellybean from IC Sandwich? I've noticed that WiFi connectivity has become more sensitive, meaning I can't connect at distances I used to. Also Smart Actions, a "Motorola " piece of bloatware will not work at all? It continously gives me a message that an error has occurred and I can't change any of the actions. I have taken it off my phone because it obvously isn't going to work. I have attempted to contact Motorola since the update to JB and I have gotten no response at all.

I contacted VRW and asked if there was a way to go back to IC sandwich, seems there is a way according to 1 rep, then another says there's no way.

I thought JB would be a great operating system but guess I was wrong. Thinking of going to a Samsung now, but I see they use JB too....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems With Jellybean
aztec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been experiencing many issues as well  since the JB upgrade many months ago. I woke up one morinng and my phone was wrecked in several ways. WiFi connections  as you mentioned, phone heating up and battery draining for no reason, widgets not working, ringtones lost, duplicate contacts, slow connections just to name a few. I have an extensive tech support record and feel sorry for the support people . As good as they are with helping me, Issues still prevail and neither Motorola or Verizon will admit to the problems at hand and issue a fix for all of us or even a buyback program to help us . My last call to a tech support person was last week when I was told " You can not believe everything that you read on the internet"  This was his response to me assuring him that my phone burning up at times for no reason is a known documented and widely discussed problem on various forums. I will never purchase a Motorola product again because of this poor customer support and caring..  Just look at all of us with once great phones trying to just get it to function    I am going to file for a divorce  from my Maxx and look to Smasung.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd love for you to have a positive experience with the Jelly Bean update on your Razr Maxx. I do want to offer a suggest to place your device in Safe Mode. http://vz.to/rxg0ii This will ensure that third party apps are not the cause of the issue. With Android Operating System being an open platform one app may not agree with the new OS.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vancinad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to love my RAZR MAXX, but 4.1.2 killed it. Inexplicably removed features (e.g. speed dial, conference call dialing, etc.), markedly worse WiFi performance, random SIM card dropouts, flakey 4G performance, etc., etc.

My phone has gone from great to horrid. My contract expires in Feb. 2014. I'm ready to dump Verizon AND Motorola both.

Exceedingly disappointed...

Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Maybe im just lucky but my maxx worked perfectly on ics and I was reluctant to up grade to jb I just keep hitting later, but sometime over night it upgraded anyway and to my supprise everything worked just as before. The only thing I did notice is the battery drains alittle quicker but not by much.   Im haooy and supprised.   Like I said maybe luck and maybe problems will pop up as time goes along.   I wish you all some kind of resolution to your issues.     Jesse

0 Likes
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone tried doing a factory reset? You have to think of your phone much like you think of a computer upgrading. You're computer has Windows Vista and you choose to UPGRADE to Windows 7 which is just putting the OS on the computer without wiping anything, much like your just putting JB on your phone. Anyone who is familiar with re-installing an OS on a computer is that there is a BIG difference between UPGRADING and RE-INSTALLING. Doing a Factory reset may get off any system files that may have been left behind and doing a factory reset will, well, reset them. If resetting your phone doesn't fix any problem the best thing you can do is that.

0 Likes
vancinad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset immediately before applying the "upgrade". Nonetheless, it appears I'm going to have to try another one...

0 Likes
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

If that does not work then the only thing I can think of is re-installing JB on the phone. I do not know if Verizon allows this or not. You should talk to them and see..

>> Discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you keeping us updated, vancinad.
How has it been since the hard reset?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I have to tell you, my sons Razr MAXX works flawlessly with JB installed on it after I disabled Smart Actions and Backup Assistant (NewBayService). Smart Actions because it used too much battery and Backup Assistant because it is a data hog and always froze. Once I disabled these not only does the phone work flawlessly, but my battery lasts longer, and the data usage went from 2.4 GB per month to .3 GB per month (All Backup Assistant and it is funny because that phone was never signed up for Backup Assistant).

0 Likes