Problems after 5.1 update
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finding some problems after upgrading my Turbo to 5.1 and wondering if anyone else is seeing these.

1. My Bluetooth keeps dropping when trying to use the phone. For example when I'm in my car and use it to dial it will dial the phone and then drop the connection. Or when I have my headset on and I get a call and use the headset to answer it it drops the connection from the head set. The only way I can get them to re connect is to power off and back on and that's kind of hard to do in the car while driving.

2. Random text notification. Noticed that this is typically when a Bluetooth device is connected I'll get the voice coming on saying I have a new text and do I want to hear it. But there is no new text at all.

3. Where are my options when I hold down the power button? All I get is power off.

4. Where the trusted devices? Use to when I got into my car and it connected I would put the code in once and it would stay unlocked. Now that's gone.

5. Pandora used to be displayed on the locked screen so it could be paused or track be skipped. Now it's not there.

I have yet found any thing better about this version. I really hope they have some fixes and improvements coming out soon. If you are reading this and have not upgraded yet DON'T.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems after 5.1 update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For item 3

The power options were removed by Google when they wrote the base code for Lollipop. The volume options moved to the volume keys which can be accessed from the lock screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

While my phone is running just fine, I am not really thrilled with the new interface.  I feel like it is less user friendly than previous versions of Android.  Maybe its just a learning curve, but I do miss some features.  If you want the other options for you vibrate and sound, just hold the down or up volume key and the other options will pop up for you, but it will say NONE, PRIORITY or ALL for your choices now.  Don't really like that either, but whats a girl to do??  My battery life is fine, calls are fine, everything is fine, just don't like the "ease" of use at this point.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It does take some getting used to, but I have adjusted after dealing with three devices running some version of Lollipop. Going back to a device without Lollipop occasionally now takes adjusting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
theRitzy1

I am having huge problems with this update, particulalry with Contacts.  When I tap on Contacts, it takes at least 30 seconds (sometimes over a minute) for the list to appear.  Then when I do a search, and tap on a particular contact, the screen simply goes dark, and I have to hit the back button, and try again, and again, and again and again.  Maddening.  Also major problems with battery life.  I've gone from getting close to 24 hours to getting about 9-10.  This is a disaster.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

Just another feature that I miss. There is no option to click on groups anymore and just see the contacts in that group.  I work with six different agencies and had their contact info all separated into groups. I can no longer just click on the group that I want to look at.  They took that feature out.  Aside from that my contacts are running fine.  Soft reset maybe?? Hard reset maybe?? Can you remove your contacts and then add them back to see if that helps?  Just a thought.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the contacts in groups, I discovered I can search for the company name and it finds all the contacts I have from that company. Perhaps that could help?

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

This is what I have been doing, just a pain in the butt.  Its just one more feature that I miss from the old version.  I will adjust, it's just that all previous updates, IMO, made the phone more user friendly and not less. I just don't feel like I am loving lollipop like I did previous upgrades.

0 Likes
labana

Hi Smoke-n-Squeal - Can you please give us some additional information?

1. The make/model/year of your car and your headset model

2. Did you try to re-pair the devices? remove the phone from the car list AND the car from the phone list and re-pair. Same for headset

To answer your question about Trusted Devices - this feature was removed since Google now has Smart Lock which is similar. To set this up, go to Settings->Security-Trust Agents and enable Smart Lock.  Then Smart Lock will show as an option in the Security menu.  Click on that to add trusted devices.  And anytime you pair with a new device you will get a notification to add it as a trusted device if you want (after you've enabled Trust Agent and Smart Lock as described).

thx

motorolan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

theRitzy1, we don't want this issues to become an ongoing problem. Which make/model phone do you have? Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the software update. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your device?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes