Problems with RAZR HD since Jellybean upgrade
norgold

I have been a very satisfied RAZR and other Android phones for years but since the Jellybean upgrade, I'm ready to throw it at the first Motorola guy I see.   I have been a Verizon customer for 10 years, but now have deactivated the autopay option on my account out of frustration with Verizon and Motorola. In the past 3 weeks I have wasted over 20 hours on technical support calls and in the Verizon store. Each support person, 2nd tier support, and manager of support thought they had the solution, but nothing has worked.

1st - the global "Allow Date Access" message pops up randomly, hundreds of times/day. (My home/office is close to the VT/QC border). Everybody has gone through all the settings so that's not the problem. Even though I knew a hard reset wouldn't fix it, I had the technician at the store do this. All it did was mess up all my settings, apps, etc. which required hours to redo. (See email problem below). The next suggestion by another tech support was to send me a new unit. After hours of installation and set up, the problem still exists.

2nd - After the hard reset, my POP email account can not be set up. Hours of phone and visits could not solve the problem.  Before the rest, it was working fine.  An alternative app was installed to enable email, but it's not quite the same. The "new" RAZR has the same problems, so we know it's not my unit.

The "Global Access" message is still popping up. 

3 - This is petty compared to the frustrating problems above, but before the push upgrade, Icedream Sandwich had a nice file/album directory for all your pictures. Jellybean not only screwed that up, but has no way of putting your pics into files. One tech person found a work-around by connecting your phone to your computer, dowmloading and organizing the pics, and then uploading them back to your phone. This is ridiculous. I'd like to hear from the "smartguys" at Motorola who messed up a good thing.

4 - Continually losing my Bluetooth devices. Sometimes they are there, sometimes the phone doesn't see them.

5 - Poor or no service on the Android compared to 2-3 bars on an iphone 4 that my wife is using at the exact same location. Incoming phone calls go directly to voice mail. The phone does not even ring. I can't make outgoing calls. I have to use a landline phone to call my number to get messages. (Try playing telephone tag this way!). Occasionaly an incoming call works - surprise! My phone is ringing...

I have had to get an additional phone line because I can't count on my cell.

I should say that my home is WIFI enabled, so that's not a solution to any of the above. The popup only happens when I'm home at the VT/QC border, or when travelling in Canada along the border (Quebec or Ontario with the U.S.). Obviously it doesn't appear when I'm in the U.S. But the email and no service (in comparison to iphone) is the same no matter where in the U.S. I happen to be.

Verizon has not only not been able to fix any of the above, all they can suggest is I should BUY an iphone (I'm still a year away from a 'free' upgrade).

I cannot use the RAZR to the extent I bought it for with the repeated pop-ups, email and service problems. All they can do is quote their standard warranty replacement policy, but this is beyond a warranty issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with RAZR HD since Jellybean upgrade
B33
Legend

Before you throw in the Towel or throw the Device Try a couple simple things: Clear the System Cache, Try a Factory Reset, Make sure your all of your Apps are up to Date..

On Google Music Play don't Update that one though it is Causing issues with Voice Commands.. Uninstall it and un-check the Auto updates..

Give these suggestions a Try and let me know it turns out and set your phone on LTE / CDMA not Global ! Go to settings >> Data Usage >> More >> Mobile Networks >> Network Mode Set to LTE / CDMA once you set back out by hitting the home button shut the phone down when it comes back on it will adjust to the setting..

b33

0 Likes
norgold

Thank you, but:Try a Factory Reset - hard reset was done. Is this the same as factory reset?

Clear the System Cache - what's this?

Make sure your all of your Apps are up to Date.. -done

On Google Music Play don't Update that one though it is Causing issues with Voice Commands.. Uninstall it and un-check the Auto updates.. DON'T HAVE THIS

on LTE / CDMA  - done  - by 3 different techies

Norm

>> personal information removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Norm here is how i clear the System Cache on my Razr Maxx..

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
0 Likes
norgold

Does this change all the settings, etc. like the hard reset does?

How does this differ from the hard reset?

What will doing this solve?

Original message

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No you'll be fine Running a System Cache i run one at least once a Month..

0 Likes
CarolinaEd

Was reading through this and decided I'd try it to see if it helped my BT problem I posted earlier. I get to the Triage screen, no problem. However, press and release both volume buttons at the same time, nothing happens. Press and hold both volume buttons for 2-5 seconds...nothing. Stays on the triage screen for about a minute, then reboots back into normal mode. Ideas?

0 Likes
CarolinaEd

NM. Found answer on DroidForums.

At Android screen with red triangle. Hold the volume down button, then tap the volume up button once. Got me into the Clear Cache menu.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sorry i didn't get back with ya we had some Nasty weather go threw and so i had all my attention on it but that is Correct when Little Android pops up you want to Tap you Power and Volume buttons at the same Time to go the next screen then you can clear the Cache or perform one of the choices.. It comes in handy every once in a while..  b

0 Likes