Question about Verizon Cloud App, Junk Texts, and speeding up Razr Maxx HD
DavidW1820

My phone was lagging badly for a week or so. I was continually wiping the cache to no avail but was trying to avoid a complete factory reset. Then I decided to remove a few apps and wow what a difference. The apps I removed were Facebook, Yahoo Mail, Linkedin, and Clean Master. The built in cache wipe essentially does what Clean Master does anyway. Facebook, Yahoo, and Linkedin simply tax the phone too much in combination with other apps. You can easily run Yahoo mail through the standard email app. It's not as slick but you avoid ads too. And Facebook I have set to get email alerts and will access through the web if I have to. Same with Linkedin. So let's see what the next few weeks bring. Instead of consistently having 50 - 100 mb's of free ram on running processes, I now have 350 and it seems to make all the difference. All the apps open faster and there is much reduced lag. Has anyone had any issues with the new Verizon Cloud app? Wondering if that slows down the phone excessively too. I can't disable Backup Plus but I try to stop it whenever I reboot. I want to keep Cloud so I tried the others first. What does everyone else think? One more thing, has anyone been plagued with junk texts from "6200" looking like the attached picture? How do I avoid them?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Question about Verizon Cloud App and speeding up Razr Maxx HD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop, DavidW1820! Have you tried clearing the data for the BackUp Assistant App? You are more than likely getting the error because the 2 apps merged. http://vz.to/13GrJK5
Please let me know how it works once you have done this.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DavidW1820

I cleared the cache and data right after I installed the cloud app. That's not the source of those junk texts from "6200". It's something from Verizon. I got a legitimate text from "6200" telling me I had been upgraded to 5 gig of storage so I know somehow the cloud department sent it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us posted. Your patience is greatly appreciated. May I ask are you subscribed to any other services that uses text alerts? Also, please share the software and Android version that you have installed on the device? As far as freezing, what's the last function that's being done before the device freezes? As you share the details then we can customize a solution for you.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DavidW1820

I have a Razr Maxx HD running Android 4.1.2 system version 9.30.1.XT926 build number 9.8.1Q-94-1 In answer to your other question, no other text alerts unaccounted for. The fact that I received my notice from the cloud app telling me I had received the 5gig of storage from "6200" is the proof that these junk texts are coming from the cloud app dept. unless some other verizon app would send it under the same name.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update DavidW1820. Are you using a third party text messaging application? Have you tried to do a hard rest? Here are the steps http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/66354/. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes