RAZR Maxx internal memory?
TrevT

I have about 100 apps installed on my Razr Maxx with 16GB SD card.  I don't understand the settings in the APP manager for storage.  Under SD Card, I can move the app to internal storage or move to phone?  That sounds like the same place to me.  What is the difference?  Where is the app stored if in both places and which place should have the most room for apps?

Which place is better if the phone is slow to respond for basic things like home screen, phone, etc.?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: RAZR internal memory?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello TrevT,

Making sure you have the freedom to store your applications to the place you like.  This is a very easy and simple fix to make sure it gets to the right place.  Internal memory is in reference to the SD card.  Moving applications to the SD card allows you to store it safely, but not utilize actual memory of the device. Storing applications directly onto the handset will utilize the memory of the device and can make processes move slower. 

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: RAZR internal memory?
EcHazy

This is not true.  You cannot move apps to the SD card, just photos and other media.  On an 8G of internal storage, I only have around 3G of usable space of which there are packaged apps from Verizon that cannot be removed.  So, the SD card is really useless for apps.  I feel like my Droid Maxx was a step downwards from my Galaxy.  How can the internal storage be increased?

0 Likes