Random Shut Down/Restart
JHarcrow
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've only had my Turbo 2 for about a week and since setting it up it has randomly shut down about 3 times a day. There doesn't seem to be any correlations of apps being used or a way to replicate it.

Today it shut down just after plugging in headphones to make a call. It displays the "Motorolla" screen and shuts down, requiring a full restart. After the boot screen it says "Optimizing Apps XXX of XXX."

About an hour after the previous restart I was scrolling Facebook and the phone did a reboot, went straight from Facebook to the Motorolla boy screen and animation.

Should I go in to the store or just return the phone?

Thanks

Labels (2)
Re: Random Shut Down/Restart
SeanCorr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problems with my Turbo 2. I have not been able to find a solution yet, have you had any luck?

0 Likes
JHarcrow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing yet.  I did run it in safe mode for a while to see if it happened and of course it didn't. Tried uninstalling a few fringe apps that I don't use often and went a day and a half without it happening but this morning it did it again.  I have contacted Verizon on Facebook and received a response about trying safe mode first. 

0 Likes
JHarcrow
Enthusiast - Level 2

SeanCorr - I think I found the solution, at least for me.  It appears there may be a memory leak in Microsoft Word/Excel.  I did a factory reset and manually installed everything back onto the phone a few apps at a time and after installing the two and running them it started again.  I uninstalled them and it hasn't happened since.  It may occur with any Microsoft applications.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes