Random text messages from verizon
Maryofexeter

I've received multiple texts from what seems to be Verizon from 9000 numbers related to my voicemails. I can't read any of it. My phone also sent a couple texts saying "status" that I had no part in.

Examples of texts I've gotten "//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=169;c=6;t=v;s=(someone's phone number);dt=11/05/2018 18:57 -0400;l=81;dev_t=5"

These kind seem to be where people tried to leave me voicemails, as I have also gotten calls from them recently.

and

"//VZWVVM:STATUS:st=R;rc=0;srv=cl2lv.imsvm.com;ipt=143;u=(my phone number)@vzwazc.com;pw=KcqLreSB0Do2obQ;lang=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8;g_len=60;vs_len=10;pw_len=4-7;dev_t=5;vmg_url=https://mobile.vzw.com/VMGIMS/VMServices

Among some other ones. What is going on and how do I make it stop sending these?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Random text messages from verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The system thinks you have visual voicemail and your voicemail application isn't setup to receive them.

PS a search of this community forum would have given you several results asking the same question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes