Re: Razor Maxx Gorilla glass just popped in my back pocket WTF?
rcschnoor
Legend

I would tend to believe that as phones get larger, the "industry standard" you seem to be referring to will keep changing.

After all, what is one of the other phones you hear most about "just cracking" for no reason? Could it possibly be the Galaxy SIII with an even larger screen than the Razr phones? I tend to think if both of these phone have increased instances of cracking it is more a result of people treating these phones the same way as they would a phone with a screen size 20-30% smaller. Of course there is going to be more stress on the screen if you put a piece of glass in your pocket which is 25%+ larger in size(and thinner to boot) than what you have had in the past.

The larger and thinner a phone gets, the more prone it will be to having the screen crack. Plain physics at work. The fact people do not take more precautions will just exacerbate the problem. The fact people don't "think" they should take more precautions is beyond me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

CSGstuff wrote:

I believe the problem people are having is that the screens are cracking under what is considered to be normal use.

No what I think it people hear "gorilla glass" and hear "scratch resistant" and think "shatter proof" and and handle it as if it was.

CSGstuff
Enthusiast - Level 2

If, in fact, these screens are more prone to cracking because of their size the manufacturer should make that fact known. To not do so would be negligent. To my knowledge no one at Motorola, Corning or Verizon has admitted that these phones are more delicate than other smart phones. Having that knowledge prior to purchase would influence potential buyers. If you have any clue as to what you're talking about with your "plain physics" comment, then the manufacturer should be aware of that and warned consumers of the increased risk of screen cracking.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

CSGstuff wrote:

If, in fact, these screens are more prone to cracking because of their size the manufacturer should make that fact known. To not do so would be negligent.

That is obviously your opinion and you are entitled to it.

If they are more prone to cracking and it can be proven, I am sure there will be a recall and/or compensation. Until that time, I believe that this is just an overblown problem which is made so by a small sampling of very vocal users who do not want to take responsibility on how they have treated their phones. As it has been well over a year since introduction, and the phones(or their successors) are still selling quite briskly I see no indication that this is the norm with these phones, rather the exception.

0 Likes
Re: Razor Maxx Gorilla glass just popped in my back pocket ***?
B33
Legend

That was a Kicker.!   but you know the Neatest darn thing of the whole Tournament was getting to Watch Live coverage of it on my Maxx using the NCAA App Now the Next big to Watch is the Masters Tournament From Augusta  Tiger, Phil, Bubba, and his Pink Driver, Rory and lots of Other Guys hay I'm Ready RC...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you had to bring that game up? lost out on winning a LARGE pool because of that!!!! plus, i'm from the MVC so it would have been cool to see them make it.

0 Likes
CSGstuff
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the number of complaints registered here is any indication this problem seems to be quite prevalent. It's not a small sampling. In fact I'm sure most people who have this problem never post their issue here so it is a greater problem than this sampling shows. You mention talking responsibility in your reply. Responsibility is also required by the manufacturer and seller. Taking responsibility for a poorly made product would be the more appropriate course of action.

Not applicable

CSGstuff wrote:

If the number of complaints registered here is any indication this problem seems to be quite prevalent. It's not a small sampling. In fact I'm sure most people who have this problem never post their issue here so it is a greater problem than this sampling shows. You mention talking responsibility in your reply. Responsibility is also required by the manufacturer and seller. Taking responsibility for a poorly made product would be the more appropriate course of action.

Actually you're wrong. Because I'm 100% sure that 100% of the people that do NOT have this issue do not come here to post "Hey I don't have a problem with the screen cracking. just thought I'd post that".

rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, responsibility is required of manufacturers. Unfortunately, unless there is something other than a small sampling of anecdotal evidence about any problems with the glass "just cracking" there is not likely to be any change in the stance of Verizon or Motorola.

On that we will just have to disagree, because what I have seen IS just a small sampling.

CSGstuff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't argue with that "reasoning"

0 Likes