Re: Razr Freeze, Non responsive, I think it bricked itself....
jackjack

Absolutely agree. Dont feel like you didnt get enough sleep because it has screwed me up to! lol

0 Likes
jackjack

Tell you the truth, When I got home yesterday and thinking I must be possessed or the earths magnetism any kind of crazy thing, My wife had been researching and I used the power/volume fix to cut it off.

I know I said it will function while its on but not yesterday.

In fact as I wrote this it cut itself off.

Im just going to call motorola.

0 Likes
jackjack

If I had to make an uneducated guess I would say maybe a resister failure during the call that over energized some functioning process that made it <inappropriate comment removed per the .>

A self lobotomy so to speak...

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jackjack

When it comes back to life Im going to copy the internal folders to my laptop.

Thanks for the input!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Jack Do you know how to Run your Maxx in safe mode) Try running it in safe mode for a While and see if that Helps it..Don't worry about (Coping your Files) if that does not Work then Try a System Cache Clear) try these two 1 at a Time and not at same time to see if you Maxx comes around..

Safe Mode - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

Note Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications.

Enable Safe mode
Disable Safe mode

Enable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
    Power button
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press and momentarily hold the Power button.
  3. When the Motorola Dual Core screen appears, simultaneously press and hold Volume Up / Down keys.
    Safe mode
  4. Continue to hold the Volume Up / Down keys until Safe mode appears in the lower left.
    Safe mode
  5. While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.
  6. Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
  7. If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

System Cache Clear:

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

First thing.... Try charging from wall plug, it isn't ever wise to charge it from the pc when you are having issues powering it up, usb usually dont have enough power.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This is absolutely the first thing i would not Do is charge Via a computer as you say Wildman not Enough Power it just does not do the same as the Box charger provides in some ways i don't why Manufactures started sending these type of chargers and cables) it's alright to have a cable for the Transfer of the Data but other than that Drop a O.E.M. fully Corded charger like they use to Do plus the cord is more pliable and Longer.. These are the Only chargers i use on my Razr's the chargers that came with them are still in the Box.. b33

0 Likes
gabbeycabby

Can't get past the triage screen Smiley Sad

Frustrating!

0 Likes