Razr HD 9.20.1 - Emergency Calls Only
djstello
Enthusiast - Level 2

I held off doing the OTA until i just could take the nagging popups anymore.  Well, after the update completed my phone has been without service.  It says EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY and there is just a triangle where the signal meter should be.

I have tried a soft reboot as well as a factory reset and no luck.  I can use wifi with no problems but cannot use the phone service.  My job requires me to be available 24/7 and now i have to rely on an email showing up and me seeing it to be connected.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen and what I can do to fix the problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr HD 9.20.1 - Emergency Calls Only
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this ... turn off your phone, take out the SIM card, turn the phone on, turn the phone off, reinsert the SIM card, then turn the phone back on.

If that doesn't work, you may need to get Verizon to reactivate your phone and you probably will need a new SIM card (they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store).

0 Likes
djstello
Enthusiast - Level 2

tikibar1, thank you for the reply and idea.  I have tried this now and still no luck.  But, it did lead me to a point where the triangle went away and a no signal icon was there.  When attempting to dial a number, the phone told me that the sim could not be recognized.

So I think that I will have to run over to the verizon store this morning.

Thanks again

djstello
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure why but my phone has just activated all of the sudden.  After being without service for about 16 hours, my phone just started working.  Never had this happen before.  Hopefully it was just a 1 time thing.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Even though it Re-Activated you might have a bad Sim or the Sim could of been accidentally Toughed in the Gold area which it can cause issues in the phone)  If your Razr goes down on you again it might not hurt replacing the Sim.. b33

0 Likes
MakeDestroy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same problem with my RAZR HD for two weeks now. Thanks for the suggestion... I'll take it in to the store and keep my fingers crossed it is just the SIM card.

0 Likes
Mrs_Herrera91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problem with mine for a while, too. It would also say I had no SIM card. Try getting a new SIM card. You can get one from a Verizon Corporate store. Just let them know what's going on. I did that and it still was messing up so we called Motorola and they ended up fixing it for us. So, try getting a new SIM and if that still doesn't help, try contacting Motorola. I know how frustrating it is.

0 Likes