Razr HD SD card not mounting after update to JB 4.1.2
Stephen-H

My Razr HD which i just got in March no longer recognizes the SD card installed. I have tried removing and reinserting and when the phone boots it sees the disk for all of about 2 minutes then it gives error stating that the card was removed or unmounted. Even though it wasn't. I didnt have a problem with it until the 4.1.2 Update was pushed to my phone. Anyone else having the same issue and is there a fix out there?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr HD SD card not mounting after update to JB 4.1.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get your device to recognize your SD card Stephen-H! Try the steps below and test out.

1) Insert the SIM removal tool into the hole to unlock the SIM card tray, then slide the SIM card tray out of the device.
2) Insert the microSD memory card into the left card slot with the gold contacts facing down. Gently push until it clicks.

Tip: Use the SIM Tray removal tool to push the SD Card all the way into the slot, and to eject the SD Card when you need to remove it.

Note: If your SD Card doesn't click in, position the Card Insertion/Removal Tool on the edge of the card, and gently push until it clicks.

Please keep us posted if the issue persists.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Razr HD SD card not mounting after update to JB 4.1.2
B33
Legend

+1 what LenaA suggested)  But if your Still Running into Issues you might Either having the Phone flashed at your Local Comm Store or you might TRy Factory Resetting it..  And you can't Rule out event though the SD Card might not have been removed after you Updated it)  It may have been Zapped some were during the Update and you may Just have to Get another One.. If you get a Replacement SD Card  Make sure it is Compatible with the Razr HD!

0 Likes