Razr HD stuck at "dual core" screen
TScottSchrader

Stuck at "Dual Core". Tried:

soft reboot

Recovery reboot

triage screen, with clear cache, then reboot now

triage screen with wipe data (but not personal data), then reboot now

triage screen with wipe data (with all data), then reboot now....

phone does not restart until I press power + vol down button.

And then we are back to "dual core" screen...

Anyone have ideas of what else to try?  Out of warranty, no insurance. Can not get another phone until Dec through Verizon.

Willing to try any and all options.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr HD stuck at  "dual core" screen
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Re: Razr HD stuck at "dual core" screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TScottSchrader,

We want to get the phone up and working for you. Thank you for listing the steps you have taken, based on the steps listed it seems like you have done just about everything. I do have another step for you to try. Try updating the software with our Software Repair Assistant. To learn how please visit http://vz.to/1ddQDqV.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TScottSchrader

No did not solve problem.

Phone is not recognized as a USB device, nor is a driver loaded once it is attached.

Would love to have additional suggestions, if you heave them.  I am still phone less at the moment.

0 Likes
TScottSchrader

also forgot to add: I am also not able to access boot screen or select recovery etc. Now phone screen is black with "green" activity light lite when connect to computer. after a while it will reset and switch to "dual boot" screen again. then after a while switch again back to black screen and green light...repeats continuiously

0 Likes
Re: Razr HD stuck at  "dual core" screen
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
TScottSchrader

"no software updates at this time"

Version "N/A"

do not think device is being recognized by this software either

0 Likes
TScottSchrader

Update: Battery was dead. that was the reason i could no longer get into recovery. attached charger for a day and now i can get back in.  I tried the Motorola device manager software when phone was in fast boot mode and now a get response: "there are no updates for your device at this time. Current Version: 9.1.41.xt926.verizon.en.us"

But still get no response from the Verizon software repair assistant...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TScottSchrader,

Thank you for the update.  While in the fast boot mode does it allow you to do a factory data reset? Thank you for all of the steps you have taken.  With all of the steps you have tried at this point I would recommend contacting Motorola directly. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/.  

I understand the phone is out of warranty and you don’t have insurance.  Do you have another phone that you can activate on the line? Have you taken a look into our Certified Pre-Owned program? http://vz.to/1Jc4wQX

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes