Razr Maxx JB - no sound
glocker1

My razr maxx got the xmas eve JB update.  Everything works great, except there is no sound.  Nothing works.  No ring sounds, no alert sounds, no notification sounds, no sirius music, no navigation sounds, nothing.  Soft power off and full power off done, no change.

Been thru level 1 and 2 verizon support and level 1 motorola support.  Waiting for level 2 motorola support.

Also, the phone boots into the first recovery menu, but you cannot access the secondary menu on the screen with the Android guy ! mark graphic, so there is no way to try a cache clear (which is what motorola level 1 wanted me to do).

dave

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx JB - no sound
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
glocker1

Getting to the cache wipe menu under JB is much harder than under ICS.  Magic number of vol down vol middle button toggles.  Cache wipe did not help.  Per Mot Level 2, next step is a factory data reset to see if that fixes the problem.

FDRs are so much fun.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes a FDR is needed after an OS update, but I agree ... so much fun (not!) 

0 Likes
glocker1

FDR fixed the no sound problem

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wahoo!

0 Likes
dorono

I had this issue and resolved it by turning off the phone and taking out the SD ram card, putting it back in, and turning the phone on again.

0 Likes