Re: Razr Maxx auto rotate
sunshine108
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Moto Tech Support today. They had me on the phone for an hour trying to figure this out. They have NO clue what is causing the auto rotate issue. The tech finally said they will have to investigate the issue and call me back tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath for a fix. They acted as if they had never heard this issue before. I told them to check their own support message boards and also Verizon's. This seems to be a common complaint.

0 Likes
sunshine108
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got the ICS update yesterday. So far it seems to have fixed the auto rotate issue..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey That's Great.!   i kind of Noticed a Difference My Self S.S. i think it does work better..b33

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

I got the update at 1:30AM (EST) Saturday and I have not had a rotate issue since then. Phone has not been powered off since the update sequence. If anything, autorotate is more sensitive. I've seen it start to rotate (and then recover) just by placing the phone on the desk.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's Normal Mine Does that!  And it might not Hurt to Power it Off or Soft reset it Since you did the Update Just to Refresh your Maxx..b33 

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

I thought about the power off and refresh deal but I'm curious about the entire sequence so I'm letting this thing run without doing any resets just to see what happens. So far, there have been no issues with ICS.

Just a few hours before ICS, my Google+ updated and I'm not impressed with it. I thought maybe ICS would fix some of the display issues but it didn't. I'm chalking it up to G+ design and waiting for them to (Google) to fix the issues.

However, the rotate problem seems to be cleared up (knock on wood) and that makes the upgrade worth the time all by its lonesome.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that's Good..

0 Likes
s3d3b3

Any solution on the bluetooth connection to the laptop? I have found a few workarounds, but something is not right here.  Just wondering if anyone figured it out.

0 Likes