Razr Maxx is dying; what are my options?
bmt22033

My wife and I both got Razr Maxx phones in February 2012.  A couple of weeks ago, the bottom 80% of the display on my phone began flashing intermittently.  It's slowly becoming more frequent and it's becoming more difficult to see "through" the flashing to the content on the screen.  Although my phone hasn't been damaged, I believe this to be a hardware problem.  I've done a hard reset twice and it had no impact on the behavior.  I do not have an equipment protection plan with Verizon for my phone.  We're 20 months into our 24 month contract but I understand that VZW has discontinued early upgrades.  We were planning to switch to the iPhone 5s when our contract is up but it seems clear that my phone isn't going to last that long.  I haven't had a chance to go into a VZW store yet but as far as I can tell, my only options at this point would be:

1. Buy a new phone at full price

2. Buy a refurbished phone at a reduced cost that would last until February when my contract is up

3. Pay the ETF ($350 - $10/month for each completed month of the contract = $150 per line (x2)) and switch to another carrier

Is there another option that I've forgotten?  Thanks very much for any information.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx is dying; what are my options?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buy a phone at full retail price using the Device Payment Plan is another option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Razr Maxx is dying; what are my options?
B33
Legend

Send it in to Motorola for Replacement of the Battery..  yea it may cost around $50 to $100 dollar bill for the Replacement but you can use the phone as a Back up in case your new iPhone should incur issues..

Here is Motorola's Battery Replacement Website:..  http://goo.gl/awhPsk   NOTE  the link is in short form..  b33

0 Likes