Razr Maxx screen
mech259

I purchased a Razr Maxx 3 weeks ago. Seemed to be a good phone, until it dropped on my desk about a foot and cracked the screen. I've been reading forums about a lot of people having screen problems such as this. No warranty on the screen, which total bull. Verizon doesn't seem to care at all. The replacement screen costs more than I paid for the phone brand new. Anyone know of a cheaper place to get a screen. All I have been seeing is around $200 to $210. I paid $149.00 for the phone. What a cheaply made piece of junk this phone is. I will never buy another new phone from Verizon again. Hello Ebay!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr Maxx screen
dgratias
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to repair mine...but cannot find help. I am going to Motorola

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Razr Maxx screen
dgratias
Enthusiast - Level 2

my screen cracked as well-it was new,  Verizon would not help and Asurion Insurance is a scam.  I could repair myself if parts were made available. Any knowledge?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

My one Maxx had his birthday the other day still looks as good as the day i brought him home from the Verizon Hospital. The little fart  still amazes me on the stuff he can do and the Glass is still in perfect condition

0 Likes
dgratias
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to repair mine...but cannot find help. I am going to Motorola

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Motorola would be the best probability)  there has been allot a folks that has had this happen to them and i think Verizon could handle it a little better than they have.. but i guess the way they base it is how it got cracked an how they move on helping.  As i said i think they could do better   b33

0 Likes
dgratias
Enthusiast - Level 2

it should be about customer service . when I sell a product I don't tell my customer to go to the manufacturer for help should there be an issue. the same applies when I was a home builder and the general contractor, I didn't tell my home buyers to go to the subcontractor when there was an issue I handled it.

so yes with the money that Verizon is making they should definitely and could definitely do a better job in assisting, even if we crack the dang glass our selves.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well when a phone goes out of Verizon's doors like mine did it cost me $ 299.99 at the time yours was $149.99..but when they comes back weather it be from any number of things that i could list but Won't it cost the Company a Way allot more So my guess is Verizon bases the Glass of the phone as Car dealers do with the:  Brakes, The Tires , The Windshield Wiper Blades and so on as Maintenance which is on the buyers End and is not listed as a Warranty item..

0 Likes
dgratias
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand damage however if a port doesn't work and the phone is 3 months I would think under normal wear and tear & (they're making money from Motorola) they should handle getting things fixed. a port should hold up to being plugged in and unplugged on a daily basis.

Oh well.

0 Likes
dgratias
Enthusiast - Level 2

did you know that Home Builders normally tell customers there is a 1 year warranty but by state law (in the state we were from anyway) by law the home warranty is up to 10 years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mech259!

Having dropped by phone to it's demise in the past, I know the feeling in your stomach when it hits the floor. With that said, I'm terribly sorry about the issue at hand and we want to do everything humanly possible to help make things better.

As weird as it seems, even a drop from a foot onto a hard surface may results in a screen cracking. May I ask if you opted for insurance on the phone? If you did it with our team and with the third party we go through, Asurion, then your phone can be replaced for only $99 http://bit.ly/07CrqPK . If not, we would be more than delighted to hear back so we can explore other replacement options (certified pre owned devices, alternate upgrades, etc.). I know we're not talking about pocket change here but we care and want to help out greatly. Looking forward to your reply!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us On Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes