Re-enable data keeps popping up...but i have unlimited data.
A_T88

I keep getting a pop up that says "youve reached your specified data limit. if you re-enable data you may be charge by the operator." but i have unlimited data. I've gone to the data usage page no data limits are set and every thing is enabled, but that message keeps popping up and its not letting me use any of my apps or browser. any thoughts?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Re-enable data keeps popping up...but i have unlimited data.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I recall correctly, there is a settings within the phone's settings under data management or power management that has a predefined data limit. That is what is causing the message to pop up. It change be changed to a higher level so you don't see the message again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning A.T88,

As you wireless service provider, we want to do everything we can to assist in managing your wireless account and wireless services. These options include alerts that can be setup on the account as well as on the device. As Ann154 stated, there is a setting on the Droid Razr that allows the user to set the mobile data limit. You have the option of turning this feature off. Simply follow the steps below on how to do so.

From the home screen press Menu > System Settings > Data Usage > Uncheck Set Mobile Data Limit

Should you decide to keep this feature active, keep in mind that this data limit feature is measured on the phone and is based on when you set it. Your monthly allowance may be measured differently since your bill cycle is a predefined time frame. Also, there is a notification prior to accessing this feature that advises that your mobile data connection will be disabled when the specified limit is reached. If you need any additional assistance on this matter then feel free to reply to this message.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dcah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe this answer to be incorrect/incomplete. I too have an unlimited plan and though i never really use much data I have been lately with my travels. I do not have the "set mobile data limit" activated on my phone but it is still popping up anyway. Not only am i getting this annoying message but my phone is also switching from 4G to 3G without apparent reason and i have to restart my phone to get 4G back. Very annoying ALL of it.

Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I was having the same warning pop-up on my Maxx.  I also have the unlimited data plan and did not have the limit set.  I actually had to go into the settings and add a limit so that my data would not turn off!  I think it is ridiculous that I have to set a limit in order to use my unlimited data!

B33
Legend

Ain't that the Berries Kooshie i'v been Watching Mine and What i did i set the Days that my Plan actually Cycles and it's worked really great doing that.. Good seeing you on Here Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
aodaye
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a bittersweet one because although I am glad it I'm not alone with this issue, it's sad that with this many people are having the same exact issue.. I too have unlimited data (besides that and the coverage area, that's the only real reason I haveVZW service) and started getting the popup last night right before I went to bed. I double chkd everything (more specifically my phone plan to make sure a change wasn't made) and nothing in particular had changed.

Thanks Kosshie got the tip on adding a limit to the data.. and I ALSO find it VERY VERY rediculous to put a limit on an unlimited plan.

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

Many of these phones and ICS were issued well after the demise of the unlimited data plan. Some of us are lucky enough to have grandfathered plans and setting your limits is just a few finger swipes. If you are like my wife and on a 2G limit, having the limit set has saved her a lot of money in overages. Her's is set at 1.5G so that she knows when to start being more conservative. She can drag the limit up as far as she needs to but in the meantime, she knows when she might have to take out a loan to pay her Verizon Bill.

I for one appreciate their (Motorola and Verizon) default on the safe side setup. I'd much rather tap my phone a few times and drag a bar up than break out my checkbook for the overages.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I would have to agree that for those without the unlimited data it is a nice default.  However, for those of us that do have unlimited data it was quite confusing to get the notification that our data was being restricted because we had reached our limit!  Especially when we had not set a limit.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It is a Nice Feature to have i have not yet once pushed it to the limit to were i had to Adjust the Bar to higher set Limit Just setting the Dates to it Matches my Bill Cycle worked Great..

0 Likes