Restore sticky note data following update to 4.1.2 / 98.72.16.XT912?
Sc0ttyG

Following the March 16 2013 (ish) update to Android 4.1.2 / 98.72.16.XT912 / Build date Fri Feb 1 20:37 2013, the Sticky Note widget was removed from the default installation for Droid RAZR.  This deleted important information I had stored in there.  Can anyone offer a way to restore that information?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Restore sticky note data following update to 4.1.2 / 98.72.16.XT912?
Sc0ttyG

This from Motorola live assistance:

Yes, sticky notes have been remove after the Jellybean software update.

There is no way for us to get the information back. This application now is optional. While we do not endorse the use of these applications, there are some users who find these apps useful.  For further support, please contact the developer of the your selected application. You may get a third party application from Play Store that is Sticky Notes.

0 Likes
Sc0ttyG

And, confirmed on the motorola support forums

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/39c78d4a3a

0 Likes
daveisivts

THIS IS TOTAL GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was A LOT of IMPORTANT information on my sticky notes and for Motorola not give an AMPLE warning is inexcusable!

DO NOT DARE WRITE ABOUT THE BLAND WAIVER THAT MOTOROLA PROVIDED AS AN AMPLE WARNING!

The apps were safe, why not sticky notes?  HOURS of work were LOST because of Motorola's negligence! 

I keep needing to remind myself that if Motorola's designers and employees had talent, they would work for APPLE.

<< Comment removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
highgeer

Echoing the disappointment of daveisivts, I had a lot of information on my sticky pad.  This is poor customer service to simply remove the feature without a reasonable effort to notify folks.  Hiding behind a waiver (that I never saw - maybe I looked past it when accepting the update) is cowardly.  When you install a "system update," you assume only your operating system is being updated, not your apps and widgets. If an app or widget is going to be affected, then there should be a quick step that says, "these apps or widgets will be removed, do you wish to proceed?"  Seems like a simple matter of customer service.

0 Likes
BowtieNut

I agree with Sc0ttyG, <Vulgar comment deleted< I had some very important information in my notes app and now it is just gone?  That is totally unacceptable (lack of) customer service.  I can't believe this. I am so angry!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

You should ALWAYS backup any important information or pictures or email, text, etc.  Any phone is subject to fail at any time.  Verizon nor Motorola guarantee this information in any way.  Anyone should know phones and computers and any other electronic device is subject to fail or be lost or stolen at any time.

0 Likes
onAndroid

Deleting "Sticky Notes" and the data held there being deleted without notification is ridiculous. Verizon knows what's installed on my phone, Motorola knows what's installed on my droid phone, Google knows what's installed on my phone and what's compatible. Now, with Google owning Motorola they have access to all this data. Now that i know that they deleted "Sticky Notes" and included that in the release notes, why didn't they notify me prior to the upgrade that this was a problem. Since it was in the "release notes" included on the site here https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/93191. It seems negligent that they did not notify users of this product that their data would be destroyed, deleted and there is no way to go back to the previous OS version to retrieve it. I've been including important work notes and personal notes like details from Dr visits, vacations, etc. Now, after the upgrade you drop this little bombshell that all this data is gone, cannot be retrieved and "we told you so?".

Wow, so much for "customer experience". The page with these answers should be changed to "Welcome to MY MOTO DON'T CARE"

Don't send me a link for alternative to Sticky Notes. I know how to use search Google Play, that's not the point. What I want is a link to the two years worth of data held in the data file.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Shame on you if you had 2 years worth of important information on your phone and it wasn't backed up.

0 Likes