Ringback Tones not working
Kellers

I've purchased and used Ringback tones plenty of times in the past. I recently just purchased 4 or 5 more and made a jukebox. However, whenever I call my line from another phone to check the music, all I get is a regular ringer. I also just tried to designate one ringback tone at a time rather than using the jukebox, and only one of my new purchases worked that way. When I click on them from the computer, they play back fine, but are not playing back through the phone calls. Help, please!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Ringback Tones not working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ringback tones are managed through your MyVerizon account online. Are you signed into the MyVerizon account associated with that particular line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kellers

Yes, everything I've done with my ringback tones is done online. I know how to manage and rearrange and all of that jazz. The songs just won't play when my phone is called. As a side note, I just tried to go back to the ringback section on my account, and the page won't even load - some error message pops up for two seconds so I don't know what it says, then it takes me to the general ringback tone page

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe there is a server problem on Verizon's end. Can you can customer service and ask them?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I remember reading a week or so ago that there was possibly some kind of glitch in the ringback system; wonder if there's another one?

0 Likes
Kellers

I was hoping to be able to get it figured out without having to call customer service. I'm at work and can't be on the phone that long of an amount of time.

Thanks for trying to help, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kellers,

I looked through our system for the time you were experiencing this trouble and don't see we were experiencing any known issues. Were you able to get this resolved? If the trouble continues I recommend trying to have multiple people call you so we can determine if the trouble occurs with only certain users (landline or certain cell companies). We also want to determine if it may be the new tones. I appreciate you advising that only one tone worked when assigning individually but I'd like you to try assigning for days of the week instead of default. Please let us know the results of these tests as we may need to file a ticket of investigation for you.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

please don't post your personal info. in this public forum

0 Likes
Kellers

well I didn't at first realize that the reply from Maria was part of this forum. I thought it was a regular email. Sorry about that. I didn't realize that when I replied to the email it went to the forum - I assumed it was going just to that Maria person.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That happens sometimes when folks first start using the forum since it does look like 'a regular e-mail'.  Just be sure to delete personal info. like your e-mail address before posting.

0 Likes