Running slow and freezing
gilly75
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently my Droid Razr Maxx HD has been running extremely slow and freezing a lot. It is under a year old. Is anyone else having this problem and have any idea how to fix it?

Labels (2)
Re: Running slow and freezing
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try running a system cache clear.

B33
Legend

As tiki mentioned try that and I'll add if you recently got an app or apps they could be causing the issue your seeing Try running the phone in Safe Mode and see if that subsides the issue or stops it completely if it does you know you have a bad 3rd party application..

One app you can get that tell allot of what the phone is doing is a App called System Panel it come free or for $2.99 charge I have it on both of my phone had it since the 2010.. when it was recommended to me by Wildman

0 Likes
axinnel

Friends,

I have had my phone replaced and done a factory reset on the replacement, but my phone is still EXTREMELY slow. Is there anything else that I can do that would fix the issue that a factory reset would not?

Thanks!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

K just to make sure were on the Same playing field this thread is under the ( Droid Razr Maxx XT912 )  this phone came out in 2011 I own 2 of them along with a Brand New Droid Maxx XT1080)  The OP that started the thread said He or Her was having issues showed the phone they had to be a Droid Razr Maxx HDXT926)

The phone model that the OP states he possibly has on here would be capable of receiving the Kit Kat update I've seen issues in this OS that is partly the reason I took my first Droid Maxx back to the Corporate Store DOA'd it and got another one I have not Updated my Current Droid Maxx to the K.K. OS..

Now Not too long ago the Droid Razr Maxx model XT912 Had a small update come out it is No way shape or Form the Kit Kat OS it is however a small update that Motorola pushed for owners that might be seeing some issues in with there phones I updated to this update which in some ways made things not really any better.. I'll put it this way in some of the Razr Maxx's that took the OS done it in ok way and some of them did not.. mine again took it in a ok way and is running in a nominal cert of way it partly good and then again not so good

Here is 2 Screen shots from my Razr Maxx of the Build OS that recently came out and i put both of them on here to show this Current Build that came out and is Having for some big issues.. My Razr Maxx as I mentioned is doing ok just ok some days good some days not so good.. Hope this helps.. b33

101 Droid Razr Maxx Screen Shot 2 Android 4.1.2.png

101 Razr Maxx latest update Ver 4.1.2.png

0 Likes