SD Card Unmounting
antelope257
Enthusiast - Level 1

I continue to be frustrated reading all of the other content on the subject issue.  As with others I had my Razr Maxx HD for months and never had an issue until the last update was pushed out.  Now my SD card randomly unmounts on a continuing basis.  I may be listening to music, I may be on a call, it doesn't matter.  I pulled the card and loaded into my desktop and copied all of the files.  I tried it in a friends phone (not a Razr) and he used it overnight and no problem.  This is definitely a software issue from the last update.  My card will unmount multiple times each day.  I have to reboot the phone to get it to remount.  When is Verizon going to address this issue?  This is seriously impacting the functionality of my phone!  I've been a Verizon customer for over 10 years.  I waited to post this because I read so many other complaints and figured that Verizon would post something substantive on the issue.  I went to the local Verizon store and spoke with a Verizon employee who noted that I was at least the 4th Droid owner she had spoken to with the same issue.  Its time for Verizon to step up to the plate and give us a definitive answer as to resolution of this issue or else do something to resolve this situation for your loyal customers.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SD Card Unmounting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

antelope257, your efforts are greatly appreciated and are on the right track with the troubleshooting you have done so far. We are aware of the software issue on the Droid Razr Maxx HD. Currently, a fix for this issue is under investigation and are working with the manufacturer to get this resolved. We value your continued patience and loyalty. Since your files are currently backed up on the computer, my next best suggestion is to reformat the card. To do this you will:

1. insert the card in the card reader
2. Locate the card under My Computer
3. Right click on the card and select Format     
4. Restore the data and files from the computer to the card.

Keep us posted if this helped resolve your SD card unmounting. Thanks!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If there's a Way you can get a hold of Customer Service they may be able to Trouble ticket it for, And it may have already been done Motorola could or may be working on a Solution for this it's hard for us customers to know but I do know this once the Update is approved by Moto it has to go in front of Verizon Team of Testers and if it approved it will roll out to the Customers if it is not it goes back to Motorola for more Test.. This has happen before..

Good Luck and Happy Holidays.. b33

0 Likes
aredesq
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same problem.  It has caused my phone to lag in every function and even to freeze.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

antelope257, your efforts are greatly appreciated and are on the right track with the troubleshooting you have done so far. We are aware of the software issue on the Droid Razr Maxx HD. Currently, a fix for this issue is under investigation and are working with the manufacturer to get this resolved. We value your continued patience and loyalty. Since your files are currently backed up on the computer, my next best suggestion is to reformat the card. To do this you will:

1. insert the card in the card reader
2. Locate the card under My Computer
3. Right click on the card and select Format     
4. Restore the data and files from the computer to the card.

Keep us posted if this helped resolve your SD card unmounting. Thanks!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SteveS2014

My problem and sound related is the phone will not find the cell network and it keeps cycling off and on and off  and on etc. I have tried the hard reboot.... Hold the power and volume down buttons together and that doesn't seem to fix it. This is very frustrating since it was working just fine at 10:30 Pacific time on the first. I turned it off for a 4.5 hour flight from SEA to ATL and I turned it on upon landing in ATL and it's now NOT working....

Steve

0 Likes