SIM Card Going Bad?
Zero259

I'm currently on military duty in the middle of nowhere and my phone is struggling to find any kind of connection to the network. I cut it on Airplane Mode to conserve battery and keep it cool; as I've noticed it gets hot from constantly searching for a connection. Now I get repeated messages of "No SIM Card. No Service." I keep turning off my phone and turning it back on but I'm not sure how long this will work. I've unfortunately got at least another 48 hrs in the field before I can get to a Verizon Store, which unfortunately are usually all those "Authorized Retailers" that don't do jack without reaching into your wallet. Does this mean I need a new phone? Does Asurion cover this? Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: SIM Card Going Bad?
B33
Legend

Well if your out in the Fringed area of the service your phone is going to Act as you stated it's going to get Warm as it is constantly trying to connect to the service). I would suggest this if you can get 3G service were your at i would get this App that forces the phone to look for the 3G instead of 4G i can't remember what it's called but i will see if i can find it in the PlayStore.. But it maybe your in a Area that unless you can move around to get Signal you may have to get some kind of Antenna if one is allowed on the Vehicle your in.. And it might this as well if your in a Certain area on the Base the Military might be blocking the Signals i would contact the Base commander and ask... 

Good Luck..  Welcome to the Forum.. And thanks for making us Safe..  b33

0 Likes
Zero259

The app that allows 3G searching only sounds nice, but if my SIM Card isn't even working that's null an void. Military Bases block/slow down all sorts of signals but their own; it's a security as well as operational issue. So walking up to a General and asking him to allow my cell phone service to come in is out of the question.

I'm guessing I just need to get a new phone through insurance.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'm sorry Dude i miss read your post it happens when your half a sleep got to amit that. But if your Sim is bad as you mentioned getting a new one is as Easy as Calling Customer service and having one sent out to ya or go to your Local Comm store and they can switch it out. I always tell people Watch how you handle a Sim Card there not a Grenade or something like that were respect on how you handle them is at the up Most important's) But they are very sensitive in one area the Gold area to static Electricity & Oils in our fingers and if there touched a phone doesn't stand much of a chance of working correctly).

So hopefully that's all that is.. and i'll try to be more awake when i respond to your Post or the " Base" commander will have me doing Laps around the latrine..  Take Care..b

0 Likes
Zero259

I've never touched my SIM Card since I bought this phone so how does it just go bad? I've never had a SIM Card issue so this is new to me. Maybe I just got one from a bad batch?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

ZERO259

The last part of your post could of hit it on the Nail head.. It's hard to tell why those little ******* go bad when i got my First Maxx and was Talking to a Tear 3 tech i asked him on the do's and the don'ts of using my phone and the Sim..because it was all new to me and he mentioned at least 4 times over the course of o couple hours take care how you handle the card while installing it into your Maxx.. I asked him whats really on a Sim Card what does it do and he said it handles every thing from what on your account and plan to making sure the 4G signal gets to the Phone and i said all that on that on a Card that is about the size of Dime maybe a little thinner and he said all that.. Smiley Happy

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator for profanity

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings Zero259!

First and foremost, thank you for your service. Now, I say we do you a favor and provide our own form of service.

In regards to what you're experiencing, this could be caused by a few different variables. Based on your duties, being in the "middle of nowhere" may present a factor that where your device does struggle for service, maybe get warmer, and possibly even present you with an error like "No SIM card" (as this is not a known issue with your phone). Next, it could very well be that you just need a new SIM. Stop by any of our corporate locations for a replacement http://bit.ly/3SdsA . If that doesn't solve matters, we may need to look into a replacement phone. As long as there is no physical or liquid damage, we'd look into replacing your device under the manufacturer's warranty for free. If device damage was noticed Asurion would be an option.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes