SMS tone with no SMS
rlbrown2

For the past several weeks, I noticed that my phone will make the SMS alert sound, but when I go to check my phone, there are no text messages. While at work, I keep my phone on vibrate, and I notice my phone will "buzz" with no notifications. Any ideas? Is this a recent update? Perhaps the phone now plays a notification whenever a wireless network is detected, perhaps? (This can't be it because my wifi is off - just throwing it out there)

I've never posted a question on here, so I apologize if I am missing any important information. I have a Droid Razr Maxx, and I do not know what OS I am using - the most recent one I would assume, beacuse my phone forces updates.
Thank you so much!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: SMS tone with no SMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of understanding your notifications rlbrown2! Alerts can sound for a variety of reasons other than SMS, such as e-mail, social media updates or weather alerts. Have you checked your notifications panel? How often are you power cycling the device?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
rlbrown2

Email, social media updates and weather alerts are all set to different tones. When my phone makes the "Droid" sound (my current SMS tone) there are absolutely NO notifications in the notification bar/panel. I am power cycling the device at least twice a week. This still occurs afterwards.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information rlbrown2!

Have you installed any of the following applications:

Mobo Task Killer
JuiceDefender
JuiceDefender Ultimate
Memory Booster
Go Keyboard
mobi.infolife
YAMC

If so, please uninstall http://vz.to/11dIWdq and retest.  These applications have been known to cause these types of device symptoms.  Keep posted with your results.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rlbrown2

Sadly, no, I do not have any of those installed on my phone. At this point, I'm just going to accept the "phantom texts" as I've nicknamed them, as no one has found a solution in over 3 months. Thanks.   

0 Likes