customer123456789
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to sync contacts from facebook, pictures etc, to the contacts, i seem to have lost several contacts when switching from droid razr maxx hd to razr maxx yesterday.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SYNC
704davis
Enthusiast - Level 1

After realizing that there wasn't going to be any help here I did a lot of research and found that the RAZR with KitKat is no longer supported through Facebook and will not be. Apparently if it was synced before the update (like mine was before the replacement phone) your fine, if not it will not sync without downloading another app to do it. I downloaded "sync.me" which seems to work pretty well. It's unfortunate, but it's the only way.

Sincerely,

Your Unofficial (but more helpful) VW Support

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it's important to have those contacts transferred customer123456789. Sorry to hear of your difficulties. What app were you using to backup your contacts on the previous device? We recommend transferring the contacts first. Once they are active, you should be able to sync to Facebook. For contacts and pictures, we recommend Backup Assistant Plus/Verizon Cloud. http://vz.to/1q27kuU

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
customer123456789
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had all of my contacts backed up through back up assistant plus for that reason before I got the new phone. I had the previous phone sync that information every day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

customer123456789,

Roger that! Are you able to view all of the saved contacts online? Did most contacts transfer over to the new device?

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
customer123456789
Enthusiast - Level 2

most of the contacts did transfer I just mainly was hoping to get the photos on each person to be added from facebook as the other phone had

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ah! Thanks for clarifying, customer123456789. The contact information syncroinized through Backup Assistant doesn't sync the Facebook pictures or profile information. Have you already downloaded the Facebook application to your phone? Once it's downloaded, make sure to go into the application's settings and confirm that you've turned on the Sync Contacts option for Facebook to bring over pictures. Once the Facebook contacts are synced to your phone as well, you can link the contacts together with the Backup Assistant contacts by following the steps at http://vz.to/WaTxov

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Mike-P
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having the same problem. I tried following the steps listed but when I go to the Facebook app there is no "Sync Contacts" option that I can see. There is a "Sync Photos" option. Is this the one to use?

Not applicable

I believe you must go to Settings-Sync

Then go to the Facebook section and it should be a menu to sync contacts.

I have not used your make of device for awhile so I am trying to remember. The clicking the app does not bring up sync options.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Mike-P
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, you go to Settings > Accounts > Facebook. Then it shows "Sync". Select "Menu". Now it shows "Sync now" and "Remove Account". There is now selection for "Sync Contacts". Selecting "Sync now" does not sync contact pictures.

0 Likes
customer123456789
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Settings > Accounts > Facebook. Then it shows "Sync". Select "Menu". Now it shows "Sync now" and "Remove Account" I get to this part after that I lose you I have removed account and put it back and still don't see the "sync contacts" I really am surprised its this hard. So far nothing has worked

0 Likes