Screen Issue
DGP

I can comfirm that this is a issue for about 99% of Razr owners. To see if you have it as well, go into a room with no lights on (Bathroom), put up a black wallpaper (Or view in galley), and you'll see what seems to be like water marks. Let's see if anyone can confirm it as well.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Screen Issue
yellowcanary73
I was just about to order the Razor for the $.01at Amazon luckily check the Motorola website and seen the pictures some look really bad having problems with DROIDX but not going to step into even worse problems.
0 Likes
DGP

I know what you mean, I wish I would have seen this before purchasing my Razr. Some owners are worse than others, and now I'll be sending my phone back because this seems like a problem that probably won't be corrected anytime soon.

0 Likes
mess472
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Droid RAZR display uses a new high efficiency OLED material. These screens may in some cases exhibit slightly darker regions, like you've noticed. Because the darker regions are only visible when viewing the black screen in a very dark environment, they will not interfere with general use. Most importantly, they don't change over time and are typical for this generation of OLED material. They in no way indicate a problem or defective screen.

From Motorolas forums

0 Likes
yellowcanary73
Dan on the Motorola Razor forum said he'd talked to the engineering dept and they do not consider it a defect.Say What
0 Likes
yellowcanary73
0 Likes
DGP

There's no way that's normal... Motorola needs to do something about this quick. When you pay $300+ you expect a perfect condition phone.

0 Likes
strike01

Man, I gotta say some of you people really have issues, you'll look for just about anything to complain about.

My phone has these same spots your talking about but like you said, you need to go in a dark room and I only see the problem when my phone had a black screen which mean to me in most cases I'm going to sleep, why you sitting in a dark is you personal business but I for don;t find this to be an issue at all, it doesn't affect my phone one bit!!!!!

0 Likes
yellowcanary73
Then enjoy your phone but it may be a problem for some and that's all that matters were just letting people know before they purchase so they can make an informed decision.
0 Likes
garyrh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not seen this issue with my Razr with a black screen in the dark. This is strange.

0 Likes