Several dropped calls
jmspjs

Hi

I have the Driod Razar Maxx, and I'm experiencing several drop calls.

Has anyone else has this issue???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Several dropped calls
Spiral
Master - Level 1

jmspjs wrote:

Hi

I have the Driod Razar Maxx, and I'm experiencing several drop calls.

Has anyone else has this issue???

Nope, I have not had any dropped calls on my Razr Maxx (purchased Oct. 31).  Maybe there is a temporary network problem in your area.

Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jmspjs,

Let's get to the bottom of this. Please power of your phone and remove the sim card for one minute. This will refresh the network settings and should improve your signal.

If you are still experiencing issues even after the reset we would need to look at your area a bit more. Please provide us with your zipcode.  Are you only having issues indoors or outdoors? Let us know.

NidiaA_VZW Support

0 Likes
jrusk

Yes, I have been having dropped calls in my home chronically since moving to my new house four years ago.  Zip code 37917.    Here's what I've tried so far.  The reason for this post is I recently came across an ad for repeaters and outdoor and indoor antennas linked to the repeater, and I'm wondering if they really work - especially when they cost $500 plus.

Brief history of actions and suggestions from Verizon techs.

1.  Initially bought and installed Samsung Range Extender in Aug 2008.  Been using it ever since.  Yes, I do have it set up correctly and have rebooted it multiple times over the years.

2.  Changed phones frequently - even paid full price for a couple of phones.  Here's a list of the phones that I have tried - may not be a comprehensive list - but  even friends of mine on Verizon have issues connecting and dropping calls in and around my home.

Blackberry Bold

Storm

HTC Incredible

Motorola Razr Maxx

3.  Contacted Tech Support so many times that I have been offered (before I purchased the Razr Maxx this past summer) that since I am in a "known trouble area" that I can opt out of my contract with no penalty. 

4.  I also have been told to contact Verizon Corporate in Atlanta to see if they can "specifically let me know when these issues are going to be addressed in my area".

I even have a Tier III+ trouble ticket and received from Corporate their generic response of "you can sign up at the link below for the newest products and services".

5.  I am, as the crow flies, less than two miles from the nearest Verizon cell tower.  I have been told that I am "too close" to the tower to receive consistent service.

I have  seriously considered leaving Verizon for another service (AT&T), but I have so much money invested in my phones, extender, accessories, etc., that I'm not sure it's worth switching, especially since I travel to rural areas and do better service in those areas with Verizon than other carriers.

So back to my reason for posting this rant.  Do outside antennas that link to an inside antenna and then to a repeater work?  And would it work in conjuction with my Samsung Range Extender?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
jmspjs

Thank you..

I live in Mass

I tried this and I'm still getting drop calls.. Spoke to a tech and they stated to do ### and the send, so they can track this.. Really don't even though if this works,but I'm getting very upset with this... 

0 Likes
jrusk

I did the #### then hit send thing for well over a month awhile back.  They tracked the tower(s) I was connecting through, and ultimately all I got from Verizon was the same response - known trouble area, too close to the tower, and my house sits a little bit lower than the interstate, which I can see from my house which they said can also be a cause.  That's why I was hoping an antenna would help out the situation.

I just had TWO dropped business calls within the last hour.  Very, very frustrating let alone embarrassing.

0 Likes