Shell threat!!
Afcl0701

I got a notification yesterday that Shell 4.4.4-5 is a critical threat to my phone. The only options is to like it or disable it; in which my phone gives me neither option to actually choose. What do I do?? Verizon we need help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shell threat!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've reached the right place to get assistance with your issue. Lets gather more clues so we can better assist you. Where did you receive this notification from? Also, do you have the ability to post a screen shot so we can see exactly what you're seeing?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BARLOV59
Enthusiast - Level 1

We got the same notification on my husbands phone.  It is the My Verizon security app.  He has not downloaded any new apps.  We just got notified about 3 hours ago.

JULACK83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same thing happen. The warning came up this morning and I have not downloaded anything in days. I just got off a long chat with Verizon, and they said that the best indication at this point, without being certain, is that it is a problem with the security app - perhaps not meshing with our phones. I did the factory re-set twice, and the security app was the 2nd app that I updated, and it gave me the same warning. It seems to be an app problem, not a device problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULACK83, thank you very much for providing that information. It's extremely important that we find out what's causing for this notification to be showing up on your device. After doing the factory reset, you've mentioned that it seems to be an app problem. Were you able to test that by starting your device in Safe Mode? This will allow us to block any 3rd party apps from affecting your device.

Geovann_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes