Sim Card Authorization Error (no 4g/no 3g/no wifi)
Marjanovich

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7213/dsc00006sx.jpg

After 12 bionics replaced verizon has finally swapped my device with a Razr, and so far out of 2 hours 30 minutes of tech support and 6 different reps the solution is it must be faulty... has anyone else gotten this same error?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Sim Card Authorization Error (no 4g/no 3g/no wifi)
TomC53

I just noticed the Sim card Authorization error 10 minutes ago don't know when it happened but may have been around the same time as you, maybe a system error or just a coincidence. I don't want to talk to multiple people if this is some system problem and they know nothing about it. When I checked the error it stated that the Sim card might not be authorized for 4G. It told me to shut the phone down and call customer service.

0 Likes
jays91ls

it was my first time seeing that today also , turned the phone off and back on and it was gone , verizon said it had something to do with there 4g network going down this morning 

0 Likes
skheine

I have had a SIM card authorization error for over 36 hours.  I had it a few weeks ago, but it went away.  The latest error was attributed to, according to "customer service" (I use that term VERY LOOSELY RIGHT NOW) a network outage.  It was corrected for all of a couple hours, only to return again, for no reason at all.  Why in the world did I upgrade my phone and data package only to have nearly continual error messages?  I am EXTREMELY frustrated with Verizon AND the Droid Razr right now.  I wish I had not bought this phone...and I am questioning why I continue to stay with Verizon.  If they do not fix my problem SOON, I will consider moving to a new carrier....

0 Likes
skheine

I had the same problem...it was corrected for about 2 hours, and now has returned.  I am getting pretty fed up...

0 Likes
skheine

Crock of crap...it was out for over 36 hours, was fixed for a couple hours, and then returned.  Their service is CRAP right now

0 Likes
pick1e
I too had this problem yesterday, beginning in the afternoon. Two reps made "configuration" changes and had me reboot the phone. The second rep had me do a power/volume reset with the card removed, and the issue hasn't returned.
0 Likes
qayakpak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same problem several days ago.  It seemed to be associated with problems with the 4G network.  Reboot didn't seem to help.  It may be that there is no problem with the sim card and it's just the message that's in error - annoying, but there may not actually be anything wrong.

The ota upgrade that is apparently being pushed out now (I got mine yesterday) is supposed to address this.  I can't confirm.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for sharing your concerns. If you haven't already, check for new updates on your device as the new software addresses this SIM card issue. The update is still being pushed, so if it is not available, don't worry, it will come soon. 

0 Likes
snave

I recieved the OTA 5 days ago and applied the update 6.11.748.XT912. Today, at 10:30am, I was shocked to see that my Droid Razr still reports a  "Sim card authorization errort".  I powered down my phone and reinsterted the sim card and now I am back up and running.  However my wife's razr, which has same update,appears to be damaged from the SIm card error.  Apparently this update did not fix the SIM Card problem, Verizon.

Update: After serval reboots and card reinsertions my wife's razr can now connect to 3g.  No 4g right now.

0 Likes