Since updating to JellyBean, my playlists keep disappearing!
TerryH22

For some reason, since the update, whenever I unmount and remount my ext SD card, it wipes out my playlists! The Playlist title is there, but all the songs are gone, and I have had to re-add them about 5 different times now. I know the SD cards got renamed after the update, and it took me a while to get everything back to normal, except the playlist problem. The only song that still shows an a playlist, is the only one I bought from the Play Store, all the others are on my ext SD which I copied from my home music. It all worked fine with ICS...

It does the same with either Google Play Music or a addon like Android Music. I even tried moving Android Music app from Phone to Internal Storage, and it makes now diff.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Since updating to JellyBean, my playlists keep disappearing!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model you have and was updated to Jelly Bean?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TerryH22

Hi Ann,

My phone is a Droid Razr

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I was having some trouble logging in.

0 Likes
TerryH22

Just to give a little more insight, whether I unmount/mount the sd card, or plug my phone into a computer, which I guess automatically unmounts the sd card from the phone so the computer can access it, it wipes my playlists.

But, if I turn the phone off, take the sd card out and put in the the computer that way, it won't affect my playlists.

Hoping either Verizon or Android has a fix for it... 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you move the playlists to the internal storage and see that helps? For your description of the phone unmounting the card when plugged into the computer is correct. The card is unmounted from the phone so the computer can access the card.

PS. I think that was very rude of you to branch that other person's post just because you didn't like it. They had created another discussion to ask their question earlier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TerryH22

Can you move the playlists to the internal storage and see that helps?

How do I do that without moving all the music too? I don't think I want to keep all my music in the internal storage...

Which reminds me, this may or may not be related, but also since the update, when I plug the phone into the computer, sometimes it won't even see the internal storage. It used to show up as a separate drive like the ext., but hadn't shown up the last few times, so I have no way to access the internal storage from the computer.

PS. I think that was very rude of you to branch that other person's post just because you didn't like it. They had created another discussion to ask their question earlier.

1st, I wasn't trying to be rude. I wasn't sure what "branching" actually meant or would do.

2nd, I didn't know if he had started his own thread, so if anything, it seemed I was helping him do so.

3rd, I have helped out in many computer repair forums, and I've seen when someone hijacks a thread with a different question than the original person trying to get help on a specific issue, it can get to point to where nobody is sure who is talking to who. And usually a moderator will then have to remove the secondary questions so the focus can stay on the original posters problem. So... I don't exactly see how I was being rude.

Terry

0 Likes
johnnyny

Ok, lets try this again, Not sure what happened with the other one. I did take it as a bit standoffish, but im over it.

sorry, my post should have read:

I too have a razr and am having a similar problem. I will subscribe to this thread in hopes that any resolution you get will also help me! thats all that matters here. I also tried to 'thumbs up' my songs as a substitute for losing playlists and the thumbs up list also empties out just like the playlists do with my music from pc. Smiley Sad

fyi terry, don't know if you have motocast,  that doesn't delete the songs in the playlists for the ones that i moved from my computer, when i use the motocast app to play, but now the issue getting the songs bought on google onto the motocast playlists (figures)

so it still stands.  I am also experiencing the same problem. still. I'm about ready to go get an ipod again soon.

0 Likes
johnnyny

For the record, and in defense of you snapping back at Ann, who appears to be a community leader on here, It was not my intention to jack your thread. been around forums since they were called bbs' and i've 'helped out' on being a tech, for a living, for like 15 years so i understand the jacking thing, but it's irrelevant, i'm just looking for the same answer you are.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes