Solution for group MMS problem?
yangyibin123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have seen many posts about the issue of being unable to send group MMS text messages with this phone.  I havent seen any solutions.  Has Verizon come up with anything?  I cannot generate or reply to group messages, only individual messages.

thx

Labels (2)
Re: Solution for group MMS problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Group messaging can be vitally important when sending out a mass text message to friends so I want to ensure that were able to look into this issue.

Do other types of data services work such as the browser, others applications, and picture messages? Are the messages settings such as Auto retrieve MMS messages enable and Default Group message set to everyone? What occurs when you look to send a Group Message.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rachelranger

I am having the same issue, and have not experienced it before a few days ago.  This is what happens to me:

1)  If I receive a group text (which I frequently do), It says "Message not received", which it normally does.  I go to the text and click the "Download" button.  In the past, this would download the message with no problem.  Now, however, it says "Downloading" but never actually downloads.

2)  If I try to send a group message, the green arrow turns on and just sits there - the messages are never sent.

My settings are:

1)  System:  Wifi (one of the suggestions on another thread) is on - I tried turning it off as suggested, but it had no change.

2)  Text:  Default group message type is Group (I tried changing to individual and it did not work).

3)  Text:  Auto-retrieve is on.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am unable to read my group texts and feel lost!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there racehlranger,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues as well. Let's keep you in the loop with the group.

I understand that you have Wi-Fi turned off. Do you have mobile data turned on,http://vz.to/1fcbneo? This is needed as group, picture and video messages are sent over the data network.

I would also recommend a soft reset as well,http://vz.to/1iMrbdn.  Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes