Sounds like the camera
clinth

Whenever I turn the home screen on or off by pressing the on/off switch, I get a sound like the camera is taking a picture.

I have Lookout, which has an option to take the picture of anyone that enters the wrong password x number of times, but I have that disabled.

Does anyone know if this is a "feature" and if I can get rid of the sound? It's getting kind of annoying.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Sounds like the camera
B33
Legend

Ok:. but are you pressing the Power & the lower Volume by accident lets say at the same time.!   if  " So"  then yes it can take what is called a Screen shot now just pressing the power button it self it shouldn't cause this action..

0 Likes
clinth

Nice to know, but no I'm not touching anything but the power button.

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Then i would try Running the phone in Safe Mode and see what it does if the issue stops then you Know there is a 3rd party App that is possibly causing the issue at then you would want to remove each app one by one till the issue goes away). But if the issue remains then i would Look at Running a System Cache, or Doing a Factory Reset.. And as i mentioned in my earlier post holding down the power + lower Volume down will snap a screen shot but continuing to hold will power off the Razr it's referred to as a Power Cycle same thing as you use to do when pulling the Battery.. When i do a power Cycle i hold the button in for at least 30 sec...  

0 Likes
clinth

I did everything you suggested. I think it’s a system thing as nothing got rid of it.

I appreciate all of the suggestions though.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Understand Smiley Happy and your Welcome b33

0 Likes
Jake16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clinth,

It could be your setting of the Screen Lock Sound in Settings>Sound.  My assumption is that you have a password or security pattern and a timeout for it to kick in. The phone will make the sound once your timeout is reached (1 minute?).  It sounds just like the camera. If you disable the Screen Lock Sound, it should go away.  If that works...now you know what it is and can decide if you want to enable/disable it.

Jake16 

0 Likes
clinth

Thanks so much!

You were absolutely correct in what was causing the sound however I do not have any password or security setting. But when I went to Settings>Sound the screen lock was indeed checked.

Once I unchecked it, the sound went away.

Thanks

Clinth

0 Likes
Jake16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great!  You can have a good day now.  🙂

0 Likes